• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. lauramc888

My buns got baldy bits on her ears and neck....and the vets have no idea why

My bun pepper is 4 years old, and for nearly a year now she has had recurring problems on the skin on the back of her neck and around her ears. It is almost baldy at some places and it can look quite sore. It has now started on her nose and around both her eyes. I have had to the vets numerous...
  2. lauramc888

Nipping bunny

I have a bunny that I have now had for about 3/4 weeks now, and he is bonded with my bunny I alrady had. Hes a wee netherland dwarf, sooooo cute!! But my question is, he always nips now when he has been held or picked up for longer than 20seconds, even did my cheek the other day, puh! Is there...
  3. lauramc888

bonding.....help advice needed!

I have just gotten a gorgeous wee bunny Bugsy to try and bond with pepper. Bugsy was neutered about 10 days ago, and Pepper spayed years ago. I have put them in a small dog pen, and while Bugsy is happy just trying to hump Pepper, she is going for him, tail up peeing and jobbying everywhere...
  4. lauramc888

The new bun is here!!!!

Have now got Bugsy at my house with me!! Hes not completely healed from his neutering, so has another check up next Tuesday so until then, Ill not be putting him and Pepper together, but have let her in kitchen to have a sniff around about his cage and theyve touched noses. Think Im going to...
  5. lauramc888

so excited....got a bun for Pep!

Took my bun over to collielovers house and put Pepper with a male she is fostering and they seemed to get on quite well. Hes going in to get neutered on Thursday so hoping after that he'll get his forever home with me and Pepper. oh and my fiance too :D he is GORGEOUS!!!!
  6. lauramc888

unsuccesful bonding...disappointed

I took my bun through to Fife Rabbit Rescue this afternoon, and after an hour or so of Kareen trying to bond Pepper with the male bunny Gus, Pepper just want having it. Stamping, going for him, bouncing over him.....so decided not to take him home incase shes even worse in her own territory...
  7. lauramc888

rabbiting on magazine....is it worth it?

as above :)
  8. lauramc888

I have a bunny reserved !!!!!! See him on Friday

Just off the phone to Kareen of FRR and she is reserving Gus for me and Pepper! I am going over next Friday as I have a few days off and hopefully if they get on well when I pick him up, hell have a forever home with me my fiance and Pepper :D:D:D My fiance doesnt actually know yet though...
  9. lauramc888

Why shouldnt you buy a rabbit from pet shops?

Im not trying to cause controversy!! Or arguements! Just genuinely curious. I have to say, I got my bunnies from a garden centre but didnt know anything about rescues until my friend told me about this site. I just wondered, the rabbits in rescues, did they not come from pet shops and if not...
  10. lauramc888

should I get a second bun?

I had two lop eared gorgeous sister buns, but unfortunately my wee salty bum went to the bridge on the 3rd of January this year :cry::cry: Now its been a while I am really thinking of getting a male bun to go with Pepper. Shes a very independent bun but Ive had her in the house the last few...
  11. lauramc888

How to find a bunny to rehome

I live in central Scotland with my fiance and our bunny Pepper. We had another bunny called Salt but unfortunately she died on the 3rd of January this year :cry::cry::cry::cry: Still miss her very much, but now am CONSIDERING seeing about getting another bunny to go with my Peppy. Shes a 3 year...
  12. lauramc888

What to do when 1 of a pair dies

Not sure where to post this but after losing one of my 2 buns on Sunday I am wanting to make it as easy as possible for my Pepper to get used to being alone, what kind of things should we do/give to give her company when we cant be there? And please dont say another bunny!! I couldnt do that...
  13. lauramc888

can I give my bun a teddy for company/to rip apart?

I mean like, a winnie the pooh beanie , infact as I write this, surely I cant incase she rips its and eats the beans. What about just a stuffed teddy? After losing my other bunny on Sunday :( I want to make sure Pepper has something with her. Any ideas would be great, thanks
  14. lauramc888

Lost 1 of my bunnys yesterday :(

My gorgeous bunny Salt passed away last night. I felt so **** all day, still not really sure what she died of as the only 'symptom' she had shown was a bit of weight loss still doing everything else the same. I couldnt sleep for thinking of her and now have had 3 hours sleep before I have to go...
  15. lauramc888

Will miss you so much my gorgeous Salty bum :(

You had got quite skinny recently but were fine in every other way. You ate as usual and hopped about as normal, just my perfect wee baby! But today when I went to feed you you were kind of curled up and I thought you were dead. You still had some fight in you but unfortunately passed away on...
  16. lauramc888

bunny getting very skinny

Got a 3 year old lop gorgeous white bun, but recently Ive noticed when I pick her up she is really really light, and very boney. Now, she eats like a gannet! Pellets and anything going really, though in saying that, havent seen her eating hay very often but she defo does eat! Anyone have any...
  17. lauramc888

gaining weight in a bunny

Feel like my 3 year old bunny has put on a bit of beef recently for no reason, diet hasnt changed or that. Any reason this could be, or more to the point, is weight gain a sign of anything?
  18. lauramc888

already got 2 females......

they are sisters and have been together for over 2 years since they were born. Wouldnt say they have the closest bond as they dont groom all the time and lie apart and eat apart when they are out in the garden. Pepper is the dominant of the 2, salt is quite a timid nervous bunny. they are...
  19. lauramc888

advice please??

after having spoke to kareen of fife rabbit rescue (thanks kareen for your advice! much appreciated!) i think that a 3rd bunny to join my 2 girls maybe isnt the way to go just in case one gets left out, but one thing we chatted about was getting 2 male buns to go with salt and pepper, who are...
  20. lauramc888

Bonding

Hi I cant find anywhere that gives advice about how to go about bonding bunnies, i already have 2 but was thinking of another and how i would go about bonding them.
Back