• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. D

How would you work these groups now?

I've currently got 8 rabbits. Until 4 weeks ago they were kept as 2 pairs and a group of 4, made up of a doe pair, a doe/ buck pair and a doe/ 3 bucks group. 4 weeks ago the doe in the group of 4 broke her back and she's been on cage rest ever since. She's still got a further 2-8 weeks...
  2. D

Diet advice please

3. D

Weight loss

If you have a rabbit who cannot eat hay due to having front teeth removed, cannot (or will not) eat greens of any kind and who will only eat pellets, how do you get them to lose weight without going hungry?
  4. D

Poor coat condition

One of my buns has a really poor coat, like the base of the hair is almost scabby (though it's coat rather than skin). It only used to be like that when she was moulting, but now it's like that all the time. Not contagious as none of the others have it, and it doesn't affect her whole body, just...
  5. D

Can all rabbits be litter trained?

I've just moved a couple of the outdoor rabbits to indoors and their litter training, which was never the best, has totally gone. They currently have 2 litter trays that take up about 3/4 of their cage space, on the basis of not giving them too much room outside of litter trays until they've...
  6. D

What to put on tiled floor to stop slipping

My buns go out in the kitchen on a regular basis, but hate the floor in there as it's tiled and they find it slippy. At best, they tentatively walk round, but spend most of the time sitting in a litter tray, which sort of defeats the object of exercising :roll: Without ripping up the floor or...
  7. D

Boarding for a rabbit on antibiotics?

Would anyone accept a rabbit for boarding that's on antibiotics? I've got to go away next week (no option to cancel) and one of my buns has just started a course of antibiotics for a minor chest infection. Not considered to be contagious (and none of my other buns are showing any signs of it)...
  8. D

Can anyone in Lancashire/ Manchester recommend a vet

Need a good rabbit vet, ideally Blackburn/ Rossendale/ Burnley area, but north Manchester around Bury/ Bolton/ Rochdale/ Oldham is ok. Any recommendations? Thanks :D
  9. D

Rabbit hutch - free to good home!

A friend of mine has a rabbit hutch that they are wanting to get rid of as their rabbits have now died. It's not very big but is in good condition as it was just used as sleeping quarters in a shed for their bunnies. Dimensions are roughly 4ft long, 3ft high and 18 inches deep, double deck with...
  10. D

Excessive drinking?

I've recently got a new rabbit - had him 4 weeks now and his drinking is what I'd class as excessive. He's getting through a full bottle of water in 24-36 hours :shock: That compares with his mate who is a similar size where a full bottle would have lasted around a week given the rate of...
  11. D

Cat problems

This is rabbit related, honest, despite the title :oops: Is there any easy way to disuade cats from coming into somewhere where there's loose rabbits? I let my rabbits out in my back yard which isn't exactly huge, but it's plenty big enough for them to have a run round in and they love being...
  12. D

Hello

Hi everyone :wave: I've just joined - a complete newbie having lurked all of about twice on here :) I'm mum to 6 bunnies of my own at the moment - Dot's my little dwarf, Grace and Hope are bothe chocolate dutches, Murphy is a black dutch cross with a white splodge and my new boys are both...
Back