• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. CarmenCole

Made a descision...

Ok, this is the plan... I had Gemma (8mth old) booked in for her neuter on 1st March, and was planning to have Sally (7yr old)done when the weather is warmer, so she could come indoors for a few days without having to worry about keeping her in till it's warmer. But, now that Nick is single...
  2. CarmenCole

Is 3 years too much age gap?

Hi I know it's really soon, but it's tearing me apart seeing Nick alone again. I remember how sad he was when he lost Mags, and he keeps giving me that sad look that breaks my heart. The situation currently, is this... I have 2 does, due to be neutered in the next few months. Sally, who is...
  3. CarmenCole

Nicholas is alone again. :(

Miffy passed away with Nick at her side today. I wasn't there. I found her at supper time. :cry::cry::cry::cry: I feel so bad for Nicholas, Miffy was his second wife. He's so lonely. :cry::cry::cry:
  4. CarmenCole

You try so hard to keep them warm...

... then the second the door to the run is open... :roll: [/IMG] She says it's far tastier than fresh clean water in a bowl! :lol:
  5. CarmenCole

Bunny Sunday!

I havent put piccies of my lot on in ages! I've been freezing my toes off in the snow this morning, the buns dont seem too bothered though! Nicholas and Miffy "We ain't coming out, you might panacur us again!" [/IMG] Hunny and Mustard "Yaay! Haay!!" [/IMG] Sally "Hi mummy, I smell a new...
  6. CarmenCole

If I cant feel plums on a 6mth old... U/D post 14!

... it's gonna be a girl, right? :shock:
  7. CarmenCole

Roadside Guineas update - RSPCA called me back

Hi If this is in the wrong place sorry, I saw some GP threads moved here recently, so I guessed it was ok here. :wave: I've just popped in to my local supplier of all things furry related, and there was a man in there buying GP mix, showing piccies of babies. So, (as you do), I stood...
  8. CarmenCole

Anyone know where these buns went?

http://www.expressandstar.com/2009/12/10/12-year-ban-for-rabbit-owner/ Just wondering if they went to one of 'our' rescues, and if they need any extra pairs of hands sorting them? :shock:
  9. CarmenCole

Should I attempt bonding 4???

So here's my thoughts..... I have 2 pairs in a split aviary (Hunny & Mustard and Nicholas &Miffy). It was originally planned as a single run with a bonded 4, but the 2 boys fought and it ended badly (that was over a year ago). Now, sadly one of the girls has passed away, and we have another...
  10. CarmenCole

I dont understand why she isn't losing anymore weight!

It's not as if Sally isn't excersising! She's on a small handful of excel lite at night and green veg in the morning and plenty of runs up and down the garden. She's stuck to 3.4kg for the last 2 weeks...
  11. CarmenCole

Fablon lined hutches - really pleased with results...

I've been so worried recently, as Hunny and Mustard keep throwing the newspaper out of the hutch and weeing/pooing straight on the wood. Of course, with the weather warming up I've been scrubbing their hutch out twice a day and I'm sure they see it as a personal challenge now to undo my efforts...
  12. CarmenCole

When to allow buns outside full-time...

Hi :wave: Since it's been so nice recently, I've allowed Nick and Miffy to have a few hours out in the garden (when temp is above 10 degrees). They really love it in the garden, and binky round for ages - it's very sweet to see. :love: Now Miffy is pining to go out. She is desperately...
  13. CarmenCole

Weight watching Sally...

Has lost 0.17kgs! This was the 6 year old dutch doe I rescued 2 weeks ago. Her story is here ... LINK I have been getting her weighed every Tuesday/Wednesday. We have cut out treats and high calorie veg/foods. She is down to less than a teaspoon of the cheap mix per day, in addition to...
  14. CarmenCole

Snow pics...

The lads were really pleased to be out of school early, and the icing on the cake was walking through an untouched playing field to the car! Tyler and Ian... Yes, I got the snowballs in the face. :roll::lol::roll::lol:
  15. CarmenCole

Look what I found in my garden! :D

TWO giant bunnies! :shock::shock::shock:
  16. CarmenCole

Please let this be a phantom!

Okay... The dutch doe I rescued on Tuesday, has suddenly started nesting frantically. :shock: We already know she is big (3.57kg), the vet that checked her wasn't my usual one, and didn't seem to know her bunnies, but she had trouble finding her heart. I was guessing it was because of the...
  17. CarmenCole

My poor boy, is nothing sacred?

He cant even munch a sneaky apple in peace! :roll::lol::lol::lol: "Mmmm, I smells nom noms!" "It's the boy! Get the boy!"
  18. CarmenCole

Sally is asserting herself!

She just tried to hump my foot & went to hump Tyler's foot as he walked past! :shock: She keeps making a buzzing noise at me and has been grooming me lots! :lol:
  19. CarmenCole

Overweight buns and GAs, advice please?

Ok, I'm a little unsure where to go first with Sally. She is unneutered, and as she is 6 years old, I would normally have said it was a priority. However, what risk is involved in putting a fatty bun under GA? I dont want to risk her health any more by going ahead. But, at her age, she...
  20. CarmenCole

Sally, Thursday evening...

This is Sally, 2 days after her transfer into my care from an elderly couple who were too frail to care for her any longer. She is a little overwhelmed by everything at the mo, she's been poked and prodded by the vet, had a scope shoved in her mouth, weighed, then Mummy has shoved nasty white...
Back