• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

new born baby thread in Health

If anyone has experience of new born baby rabbits please see this thread in Health: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?480547-New-born-bunny&p=7176590
  2. S

Lillly Poo Problems - Loads of photos

Please can anyone review these photos and tell me if they have any ideas from experiences they have had in the past. Lilly is 13 years old, completely incontinent She is eating very well but lying uncomfortably almost all the time and looks to be in pain sometimes. She moves about perfectly...
  3. S

Stomach ulcer - How to diagnose?

Lilly is 13 and having poo problems. She has poo problems fairly often, but usually resolves itself. She is eating very well but she lies down a lot and looks uncomfortable. When she is moving around and eating she looks in perfect condition. She is on metacam and zantac. I'm worried that her...
  4. S

Diet of a teenage rabbit

My two girls are turning 13 this month. Both have age related issues such as cataracts, arthritis and incontinence. However they have also got poo problems. They produce messy poos, sometimes soft, sometimes sticky and will need their bottoms cleaning. They sometimes stop eating pellets for a...
  5. S

Incontinence Mats

Anyone got any tips for machine washable mats for a rabbit? I'm currently using these: https://www.therange.co.uk/pets/dogs/dog-beds-and-blankets/memory-foam-pet-mat#940796 They are very comfortable, but not all that absorbant. They are also a bit big and you can only fit one in the washing...
  6. S

Out of hours fees

What's the basic out of hours fee you pay, excluding the cost of treatment? My vet has just gone from £120 to £190 :(
  7. S

Rabbit twitching (with video)

This is about Roo again. (She's 11 and arthritic, on Metacam and Tramadol) In the evening sometimes she starts twitching. (At this point she's had her Metacam but is due Tramadol in a couple hours) Her third eye becomes visible, her head twitches upwards and her cheek twitches too. You can see...
  8. S

Using Zantac to treat side effects of Baytril?

Roo has been given Baytril to try and treat a cataract, which may be age related but doesn't look like an age related cataract, so the vet is treating as an infection to see if it responds. The side effects of the Baytril seem to be some sort of eating discomfort. She is eating all fresh foods...
  9. S

Pain / Arthritis in old rabbit (pic heavy)

Hi Everyone, This is Roo, she is 11 years old and has been on Metacam for about a year. The last few weeks she has been up and down and it sometimes seems she is in discomfort / pain and that the metacam takes longer to work and doesn't last for as long. Having said all that, today she is an...
  10. S

Rabbit sneezing after exercise

Hi All, Lilly is 10 years old and very healthy and lively. About a week ago she started sneezing, but only ever after exercise. She comes running up the stairs and then has one or two sneezes. Sometimes she runs around on the carpet very energentically, and after has sneezing for less than a...
  11. S

Sulfatrim dosage for rabbits

Does anyone have the Sulfatrim dosage for rabbits? Told the vet I didn't need any as I have a massive bottle from 3 months ago, but must have thrown the box away so I don't have the dosage information! She has some sores in her mouth so it's to prevent infection
  12. S

Letting rabbits chose to go outside in the winter?

We've had a warm winter but the difference in temperature between inside and out is still significant. IF they're living indoors and it's about 18c indoors, and you open the back door at lunch time to let them have a run about in the garden, are rabbits smart enough to decide for themselves...
  13. S

Lilly carpet licking

Very occassionally lilly lets me stroke her. But when I do she licks the carpet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxYwpvkt7c8 Should I let her carry on doing this or try and stop? :/
  14. S

When to stop medication for Ileus

I'm getting very confused with different advice from different vets. When should you stop medication for a rabbit with unexplained (non-obstructive) ileus. The standard medications are Zantac Emeprid Metacam Fibreplex The emergency vet said to stop the zantac when they start eating and stop...
  15. S

who sells spring greens that aren't manky?

Anyone know of a supermarket selling spring greens that are fit to eat? Sainsburys and Tesco seem to sell stuff that is going off at the moment.......
  16. S

squeeking when humped (+video with sound)

We have just moved house and so Lilly and Wally are in a new environment (both 8, both neutered). Getting a long fine most of the time. But Wally is sometimes getting quite humpy and starts making a squeeking noise when he starts harassing her, which is normal for him. He's been the dominant one...
  17. S

Savlon on a bite wound

I put savlon cream on quite a nasty bite wound. I'm guessing it was a stupid thing to do but thought I should do something at the time. Shall I try and wipe it off? That will probably upset her again :(
  18. S

Temporary indoor housing for 3 separate rabbits

Does anyone have any tips for where to get some cheap temporary indoor housing, for keeping three separate rabbits before bonding them. Or for keeping them separate if the bonding fails. I guess 4ft woud be the minimum size since it's only temporary. I was thinking either brand new cheap wooden...
  19. S

Metacam Dog Syringe conversion

Does anyone know how many ml there are in each kg of the dog syringe for metacam? I have the dosage in ml but the syringe in the packet only has dog kgs labelled on it and a normal syringe won't fit the bottle :( So I need to know how many dog kgs equal one ml of liquid
  20. S

Occassional accidents for 8 year old rabbits?

Is it normal for an 8 year old rabbit to occassionally wee where they are sat? They end up with some wee in their fur but don't notice it straight away. After wiping them with a bit of water they always have a good clean. I suspect it may happen whilst they are 'sleeping' or periods of total...
Back