• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. H

Roll Call... Tell us a bit about you

Name: Holly Area you live: Lincoln Why did you choose your Ru name : Holly is my name and 'Imp' is my religion - Lincoln City FC (The red 'imps') Names of your rabbits: Mazza, Morgan, Heskey, Nosey, Mischief, Mickey and Minny. Do you work, if yes, what job do you do: Went back to work from...
  2. H

Signatures

sorry testing!:mrgreen:
  3. H

Interesting Bunny Photo

that is toooooo cute!
  4. H

The Sanctuary bunnies in the snow

My 'Daddy' rabbit is the same breed and colour as Mistletoe but is only nearly 2! He is much fatter too :lol: Mistletoe is very pretty! Mine is called Mazza!
  5. H

Echinacea/Snuffles

Vets rang me today and they have changed their minds they want to give baytril another go for 40 days - they said because i would be buying septrin in such a large quantity (5 rabbits for 40 days) that it would have been extremely expensive. The baytril has come to £65.73 altogether. I'm not...
  6. H

2 unneutered males living together?

Yes unless neuteured when they reach sexual maturity they will have to be separated because boys tend to get quite nasty and cause damage to each others nether regions. If you want to keep them together I would suggest having them both neuteured at the same time before any humping/biting/chasing...
  7. H

My rabbit, Ninja, will soon be in the company of a 1 year old cat.

Hutch, Ninja is gorgeous :-) Were you babysitting Ranger at your house? Again if you were it's a strange place so he may have been nervous and not territorial. It will be good moving into neutral territory too! Let me know how you get on! Cats usually put their paws there to warn rabbits off if...
  8. H

My rabbit, Ninja, will soon be in the company of a 1 year old cat.

As the cat is coming into the rabbits territory it shouldn't be as hard as it would the other way around. You need to get Ranger used to your smell and then he should also get used to Ninja's. Introduce them straight away then keep them so they can see and smell each other through some wire...
  9. H

Help- Nesting/Spaying issues

Yes get her spayed, it is ok to spey them from 12 weeks of age so i don't know why a vet would say they aren't ready at 7 months. It is in the rabbits best interest to be speyed - when i was little and inexperienced with rabbits we gave our rabbit back to the breeder in the end, she was lovely...
  10. H

Echinacea/Snuffles

Did they say you should stop every so often? As i know in humans you aren't supposed to have it all the time, you should have it like a month on then have a month break
  11. H

Neutering questions

Rabbits male or female who are neuteured and spayed live longer and less stressful lives which overall makes them happier. The hormones do crazy things to them and they often go through 'teenage phases' as i like to call them. A sweet angelic bunny can soon turn into a monster if you're not...
  12. H

more advice needed - urgent now

:( Didn't see this until after i posted. I am very sorry to hear about the small one. If she fed it at 8.30pm last night, she should carry on feeding it if left alone in the dark - make sure you make a fuss of her and make sure the kitten is warm enough in the nest. In the wild the doe will...
  13. H

more advice needed - urgent now

Definitely goats milk as it is the nearest thing to rabbits milk, when my rabbit had her babies she very rarely fed them if she knew i was there. They like to feed them in the dark and quiet, undisturbed usually last thing at night/early hours of the morning. It is a good sign the rabbit who had...
  14. H

Echinacea/Snuffles

Got some sense today, i rang again to ask why nobody had rung me back. About ten minutes later a vet who is nice and helpful and actually knows what she is talking about rang me back! She explained the unreliability of swabs and she didn't want to cause the rabbits any unneeded stress by doing...
  15. H

Echinacea/Snuffles

Thanks for your reply Alison. My rabbits don't always have discharge coming from the nose either so i think it's pointless doing a swab if there is nothing there. I rang the vets today to ask if they could give me whatever they use to take a swab, that way i can do the swab myself as soon as any...
  16. H

Echinacea/Snuffles

Sorry, i tried to send a private message and it posted it on here instead lol.
  17. H

Any tricks for giving Baytril? Alternative to syringe?

My vets reccommend to mix it with equal amounts of ribena to sweeten the taste. With the difficult rabbits i have also mixed it with baby food in the syringe. Hipp do a 'tender carrott and potatoe' jar that my rabbits seem to love, they lick it all up!
  18. H

Echinacea/Snuffles

Thank you for the replies everyone :) The vets seem to think that 'baytril' is the safest option and are reluctant to switch to a different antibiotic because they say they could be dangerous. Although they have offered to take a swab to detect which bacteria is causing the snuffle symptoms...
  19. H

Echinacea/Snuffles

Thanks for the reply. Yes it is a family. I know the Mum passed it on to them all - even the Dad, however the Dad seems to have been 'cured'. One of her sons has never had it however, so i think she passed it on after they were born. I have recently stopped the wood shavings and using...
  20. H

Help! Is this nesting?

My rabbits often go through phases of ripping up paper, even the neuteured ones, i think it is just boredom/playing.
Back