• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My rabbit had kitten help

monkmonk5

New Kit
So I had 2 females that were pregnant days apart the first one went passed her due date been checking daily.. the second one had hers today healthy litter. Went to check on the first one and still no babies in the nests I found one on the floor severely deformed was no back legs looked like 2 was blended together no other babies .. and no she is not related to the father in any way and she has had litters before.. so not first litter. What happened and how do I prevent . And is she ok?

Impossible to say why the deformity happened

The only way to stop all risk of it happening again, or even worse, including the death of the Doe is to never breed from her or the stud Buck again

Impossible to say why the deformity happened

The only way to stop all risk of it happening again, or even worse, including the death of the Doe is to never breed from her or the stud Buck again
So new question today I went to feed and check water and noticed she is walking slow and her nest is bigger then it was when she lost the kitten.. my friend that's a vet said she has 2 uterus and may have been pregnant with 2 at same time y the first ones came out not fully developed I'm just so confused any advice?

So new question today I went to feed and check water and noticed she is walking slow and her nest is bigger then it was when she lost the kitten.. my friend that's a vet said she has 2 uterus and may have been pregnant with 2 at same time y the first ones came out not fully developed I'm just so confused any advice?
Get a Rabbit savvy Vet to examine her. It’s impossible to give sufficient and safe advice over the internet. The Doe needs to be examined.

Please think VERY carefully about continuing to breed Rabbits. Not only are there already too many unwanted Pet Rabbits and Rescue Centres are over-whelmed by demands to help, but when there has already been a problem with a specific mating IMO it would be irresponsible and unethical to mate the Rabbits again. Dam and Stud Buck should both be retired from breeding, neutered and cared for as Pets.

Further comprehensive advice about all Rabbit Welfare topics

You said your friend that is a vet gave you advice. Did this vet examine your bunny or run any diagnostics to determine if she is still pregnant. Does this vet regularly treat bunnies? If not, you need to see a rabbit savvy vet.

Bunnies have a single uterus which is Y shaped with two horns. Was your bunny bred multiple times on different days for your vet friend to suspect she had babies at different stage of development in the horns?

I hope your bunny will be ok. Though I agree you should not breed her again.

Get a Rabbit savvy Vet to examine her. It’s impossible to give sufficient and safe advice over the internet. The Doe needs to be examined.

Please think VERY carefully about continuing to breed Rabbits. Not only are there already too many unwanted Pet Rabbits and Rescue Centres are over-whelmed by demands to help, but when there has already been a problem with a specific mating IMO it would be irresponsible and unethical to mate the Rabbits again. Dam and Stud Buck should both be retired from breeding, neutered and cared for as Pets.

Further comprehensive advice about all Rabbit Welfare topics

The ones I have r my pets but I am breeding meat rabbits so the population prob will not be problem imma farmer I do love the 3 I have and was just starting up i have vet coming over in like hr to look at her so I'll keep yall updated

Back