• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by zarathustra

1. zarathustra

New Hutch Options

Thanks all. My wife seems to be on board with the second hand playhouse idea, although it’s hard enough keeping our son out of the hutch, he might decide to move in with them if they have a playhouse.
  2. zarathustra

New Hutch Options

Thanks all, diy is definitely not my forte so I think a new hutch is probably the safest option. It’s not going to collapse any time soon so I have a while to check out available options. I quite like the idea of a play house or shed.
  3. zarathustra

New Hutch Options

Hi All. Lola and Pips house is coming to the end of its life after 2 years. They currently have one of these https://homeandroost.co.uk/product/hutch-6ft-kendal-hutch-run/ which is connected to their run via a tunnel and has had some modifications as Lola doesn’t do ramps. It’s not a bad...
  4. zarathustra

Cut rabbit while grooming

We are back from the vets now, he said the cut is fine, they couldn’t find it at first so had to bring her out so I could show them. It didn’t need any cleaning, stitches or anything like that.
  5. zarathustra

Managed to check Lola, the cut doesn’t look too bad. There was a small bit where some of the scab had come away, but it was a very small area. The skin around the area looked ok, not noticeably redder that the rest of her skin, nor did it appear to be swollen, and it wasn’t tender as she...
  6. zarathustra

Thanks, I’ll make sure to check. I assume signs of infection are just normal stuff, weeping/discharge and red inflamed skin that is warm/hot to the touch?
  7. zarathustra

I’ve not had a chance to look yet, she’s a bit of a handful so it’s much easier if one person holders her and the other looks. I’ll try later but might need to wait till my wife gets back from work. I take it the best thing for wound care is to keep it clean with cotton wool and clean boiled...
  8. zarathustra

Thanks. No not yet, I’ll need to phone tomorrow for an on the day appointment.
  9. zarathustra

Hi all, We were battling Lola and her mucky bum at lunch time, and I nicked her with the scissors. I think it was superficial, as she didn’t seem to flinch when I did it, so didn’t realise till I saw the blood. I’ve been in touch with the vets to see if I can book at appointment (she keeps...
  10. zarathustra

Lola and her feet

Thanks, the run has a cover, but when we have a lot of rain it does start to pool and run through the run. We have some plastic temporary flooring that might be a bit more forgiving on her feet, and while it might not keep them totally dry it would lift them out of any puddles that might form...
  11. zarathustra

Lola and her feet

While grooming Lola recently I notice small hairless patches on each of her back feet, which look to me like sore hocks. I'm going to give the vets a bell tomorrow to see if I can get her in next year. While I wait for an appointment, is there anything I can do to try and stop things from...
  12. zarathustra

The way to a rabbits heart...

He caught on quite quickly, she didn't want this price so he went over and fed Lola through the bars of the run. Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  13. zarathustra

Timothy Hay

We order our hay from TimothyHay.co.uk, it's reasonably priced, you get good service with quick delivery, and the ladies love it so there is rarely much waste. But I've noticed that the last 2 or 3 batches have suddenly started really affecting my allergies (I have hay fever). The first batch...
  14. zarathustra

The way to a rabbits heart...

Is through her stomach. Today we let our little lad meet Lola and Pip face to face. Lola is a shy old lady so doesn't venture more than a couple of feet from the hutch, but Pip was more than happy to come out, and with the help of some carrot she seems to have made a new friend. He was...
  15. zarathustra

Poorly bun

Lola seems much better today, and she didn't have too much of a problem with getting her meds. I've separated them for a little while so the invermectin dries so pip doesn't try and clean it all off. Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Back