• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Wizbit

1. W

rabbitts after neutering??

Yes, a wife will definitely focus his attention but some buns are just mischevious! When I catch Bertie doing something he shouldn't be he runs off at top speed and then flicks his bum round so that he's facing me as if to say "ha ha you can't catch me!!" and he is 6 years old!
  2. W

Something weird just happened to one of the buns, ill??

Yes, it is very frightening and you feel so helpless. I now make sure that when I give pellets that are long and thin that they are broken into small pieces. Fingers crossed it won't happen again. Glad the little chap is ok again. :D
  3. W

Sore Hocks

What a great idea, thanks Schuette !
  4. W

rabbitts after neutering??

Possibly a bit of spring fever but also if he's young then it's just mischief!! Does he have a girlfriend or will you be getting him one? That should stop some of the mischief if he has a friend to focus his attention on.
  5. W

Something weird just happened to one of the buns, ill??

Hi Lillian This has happened to my two a couple of times - it's like they are choking. I think they guzzle their pellets too quickly and they choke. I have had a couple of very frightening incidences of this with Daisy in particular with a mad dash to the vet. Both times it happened with...
  6. W

Sore Hocks

Thank you for all of your replies. Shell1805 - I wondered about Daisy's claws but the vet said it isn't that as they weren't that long. My vet said that it's usually due to the type of flooring and suggested I put vet bed where Daisy rests, problem is that Daisy doesn't sit on vet bed she just...
  7. W

Sore Hocks

In that case, I will give you a call tomorrow at sometime if that's ok. Thank you. x
  8. W

Sore Hocks

Hi SJ I had totally forgotten that! Can I give you a buzz later on to chat? I know you will take good care of my little girl for me - I just don't want you to have the extra hassle!
  9. W

Sore Hocks

Thanks Debster for saying that it's not necessarily my fault - you always feel so guilty don't you? I have some vet bed but the problem is that Daisy tends to 'dig' and chew it and I don't want her to end up with gut stasis. Thank you for your ideas. Thanks also Schuette for the duvet idea...
  10. W

Sore Hocks

Hi Graham Thanks for your reply. No, she's not a rex she's a dwarf lop and she's not over weight. I suspect it's my fault because last time I replaced the carpet in their room I bought one that doesn't have a pile if you know what I mean? I have got some different carpet at home and hubby...
  11. W

Sore Hocks

Hi All :wave: I took Daisy to see the vet last night as I was worried about her feet. The vet said that although I have caught it very early she does have sore hocks and that I should put some sort of barrier cream onto them. She said that luckily they aren't ulcerated or anything. I just...
  12. W

Chewing carpet

For some reason, Oscar has been nibbling at the carpet this morning. I heard something and went in to find him pulling the carpet up and then eating it!! I managed to pull the lump of fluff out of his mouth before he ate it but now I am worried about him doing it when I am not here. I have...
  13. W

My darling Miffy 2001 - 2010

What a gorgeous boy, he looks like a real cuddle bun. Binky free little man xx
  14. W

Insurance

I would agree, insurance is definitely worth having. I always think that if I have insurance and then something terrible happens, you can just say "please do what you have to" because although you pay the excess in my experience as others have said, the insurance can cover hundreds of pounds...
  15. W

My precious bunny had to be put to sleep :(

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, it bought tears to my eyes reading your story.... I think 9 years is a good age, but that probably won't bring you any comfort as it is always hard losing a bun of any age... sending you a big hug...:cry:
Back