• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by the 57 bears

1. T

New Hutches - Pets@Home

When Eliot was a kit I got him a Nero 3 (indoors, of course), then as he grew up I built a second tier and doubled the size (actually, the top tier is taller, so he can fully stand on his hind legs). Not that I'm particularly good at DIY, in fact the second floor looks really quite shabby, but...
  2. T

Pink Rabbits

mmmh, sure, the photo where Alba looks green is definitely photoshopped, as a kind of dramatization I assume, as it must be very hard to take a photograph of her in the correct light conditions I assume... I know the artist, who has quite a reputation in the contemporary art scene, and honestly...
  3. T

Which hay?

I was thinking about ordering the american timothy from Dust Free Hay as well, as I can't really afford Oxbow timothy (the 1.1kg bag from the vet costs more than £8!!!)... So you recommend it? From the pictures on the website it looks exactly like the Oxbow timothy... very green. And it's £...
  4. T

Bailey has Gut Stasis and is now on a drip - UD She's home!

Isn't Metacam for dogs more suitable for rabbits? That's what I was given when my Eliot needed some. So sorry to hear about this, I am terrified of GI stasis and give my buns a tiny bit of fruit maybe once a month!
  5. T

Pink Rabbits

this is not a hoax though: http://www.ekac.org/gfpbunny.html#gfpbunnyanchor It's a complex issue, the guy has his reasons and I suggest you read the text before jumping to any conclusion. I still disagree with him, but after all mr. Kac is a better advocate for animal rights than most...
  6. T

Rabbit fur on ebay?

For vegetarians or people interested in farm animals welfare, it does not matter at all that cows are domesticated animals, as they are mercilessly exploited as raw material, full stop. It is a question of ethics to refuse to wear a part of a dead animal, as there is no need to do so nowadays -...
  7. T

Molly's bites make me get nasty...

yes, she is spayed... Got the message. More nose rubs, more hand feeding...
  8. T

Does anyone get annoyed with people's attitudes towards owning rabbits.

Eliot's my Pc's wallpaper and I've seriously pestered everyone at work with Molly and Eliot stories... Plus, because I introduced the whole subject by saying that "I got myself a rabbit cause I've been single for too long", a neverending thread of sex-related jokes has started, which prominently...
  9. T

Molly's bites make me get nasty...

Hi everyone, long time no see! Molly has always been rather temperamental, grunting and literally pushing me away with her front paws at first... Now she seems to like me more, she is no longer territorial when in the cage and even pokes me to get some cuddles, which I think is very positive...
  10. T

and they started fighting after a month...

does this mean that you eventually separated them for good and found him another partner? I really don't want Molly to go... I can only keep one pair of buns, so I would have to rehome her and find another girl :( Please Molly, just behave!!!
  11. T

When I put them back together in the cage, I kept an eye on them, and they are still tense. As far as I could tell, they would always stay in different areas of the cage (one upstairs, one downstairs) and when Eliot moves, Molly moves too, etc. If he asks her to groom him, she grunts and...
  12. T

well, fur flies, and considering how hard she can bite when she bites me, I don't like the idea of her biting Eliot. I don't think she's any kinder to him than she is with me... so I will definitely separate them if this happens again. at the moment they're eating together, let's hope it was...
  13. T

Hi there, sorry I never updated my bonding diary, I've been far too busy... Anyhow, things settled quite smoothly between Eliot and Molly and I soon felt ready to leave them together unsupervised. They have been happily together for a month; Molly (minilop, spayed) is a little temperamental...
  14. T

Eliot is on DisapprovingRabbits.com!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I needed to boast with people who can appreciate: http://www.disapprovingrabbits.com/2008/05/eliot-j-finnegan.html Ha! This pic genuinely scares me... I think this is the best way to celebrate the full recovery from his spinal injury :D
  15. T

Eliot & Molly bonding diary

I'm sure she bites him in an aggressive way every now and then, so much that he turns away from her for a while. I think he would stand still and let her do if it was just innocent grooming... I've read an article on bonding suggesting that any kind of fight should be foreseen and stopped before...
Back