• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by starla

1. S

Trio fallen out!

Thanks for your reply. Yep, I've put the 9 y/o by herself. She doesn't seem to be unhappy or pining for the others, meanwhile the others have completely settled down. It's just a pity :(
  2. S

Trio fallen out!

Wonder if anyone can help. I know trios are very tricky :( All buns are spayed/neutered. I have: x1 girl bun - 9 years old, x1 girl bun - 3 years old, x1 male bun - 3 years old. All have been living together since the two 3 year olds were neutered at 6 months old. For many years we've had no...
  3. S

Adding another to a male and female pair

Thanks for your replies. I didn't see the sticky somehow :oops: but I'll read up on it now. My current two are rescue buns (adopted at different times) A friend ended up with bunny babies after her pet shop rabbit came to her pregnant and that's why I've been offered a young one. I didn't...
  4. S

Adding another to a male and female pair

Hi all, I have a male and female pair. Both neutered. I have been offered a male or female 9 week old bunny, I'd like to bond the baby in with my duo. Which sex is the best bet for bonding with a m and f pair??
  5. S

rabbit lost partner

hi, yes bringing indoors would be an ideal option but we have dogs and a puppy who is absolutely obsessed with the bunnies, I have tried introducing them slowly but the puppy just wants to clean them and chase them :/ I could put her in another room but yeah again not really ideal.
  6. S

rabbit lost partner

thanks for your reply, that would be a great idea but Im concerned about how it would go, they are both nethies and the male bun of that pair quite protective. She is a big bun too, worried she may kick or something and hurt one of the smaller buns? I would love to try it so I definately won't...
  7. S

rabbit lost partner

I had a pair of bunnies, and the male bun has just had to be pts due to reoccuring and severe bouts of e cunniculi :( I am left with a female lone bun and am not sure what to do. My dilemma is I didn't really want any more animals, I have some guineas already and another very happily bonded pair...
  8. S

bonding advice please.

thank you for the advice I will try them in the pet carrier in a bit, so far they are at opposite ends of the run, each sitting in a litter tray and chilling, but ignoring each other, so I suppose thats better than scrapping.
  9. S

bonding advice please.

Hi everyone Today I am trying to bond my male netherland dwarf with a female netherland dwarf (9 months) My male bun is quite a bit older (about 6 y/o) he had a partner and she sadly passed away about 8 months ago now. I bonded him and his last girlfriend together with no problems they just...
  10. S

in heat????

ok thanks very much! what age should I have her spayed at?
  11. S

in heat????

Hi - perhaps this should be in behaviour section but I want someone who knows about rabbit health to confirm/deny my suspicions!!! I have read that it's not possible for female rabbits to be 'in heat' in the same way dogs or cats are, so could someone give me an idea what my 13 week female...
  12. S

what treatment to use for fleas?

Hi, Quick question I have a baby rabbit - about 8 weeks old, and I am slighly suspicious of her itching a bit, although I can't see anything in her fur. When my guinea pigs were itchy I gave them Ivermectin treatment for mites/lice etc, but does anyone know if this kills fleas also? Does...
  13. S

advice about a neutered single bun

thanks guys :) he seems a bit more relaxed this evening but I am still not sure on the friend side of things, he's 5 and had been with his wife since he was neutered years ago. I am worried he might not like a new bun
  14. S

advice about a neutered single bun

My netherland dwarf bun lost his wife last week :( He has always been a bit of a 'growler' he seems to warn me off if I put food in his cage, I guess he is kind of protecting his territory, and as I can still pick him up and give him a cuddle, I don't mind too much. However, since his wife...
  15. S

Help with rabbit

Assume snuffles needs anti biotics???
Back