• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Spyinak

1. S

My Alaska Bunnies

Thanks for all the compliments on the spoiled buns. I just purchased a large cage for Briar and he is much happier! Aren't most of you in England? My sisters visited there last year and they said it was coooold! :lol: Come visit Alaska sometime. It really is beautiful.
  2. S

My Alaska Bunnies

No, they don't live outside. I don't have the pen covered (eagles and owls) nor is there a covering to keep them from digging. I try to get them out when the weather is good though I have to keep an eye on them The have fairly large large cages inside their barn and I let them run around on...
  3. S

Grooming a bunny

nail clippers huh? Well, I can see this will be fun trying to get the dang mats out of him. I will buy a flea comb - that should work great. I didn't have to use the corn starch. I put a box of sawdust in his cage and that seemed to have the same effect. The big poop stickies are gone. I will...
  4. S

My Alaska Bunnies

Bramble - the wild caught domestic breed rabbit. Briar- the most recent rescue bunny Icy - rescued with her sister Sister PJ Icy and PJ in their outdoor play area.
  5. S

Grooming a bunny

Well, my rescue bunny is proving to be a bit of a challenge for me. When cleaning off his bum from the soft poop problem I discovered he has several mats of hair on his keester. I have no idea how I will get those off of him short of having him put under a general and shaving him. I have...
  6. S

soft bunny poops

The bunny appears to be a bit underweight if anything. He certainly hasn't been getting food regularly enough to be fat. I looked at his teeth tonight and to my untrained eye they looked fine. He sure grunted and chucked at me while I was doing it though!! Will he really clean the poop off...
  7. S

soft bunny poops

I just obtained another rescue rabbit. It is a small male lop. He has not been in a very hygenic situation, with food and water given on an infrequent basis. He has had no room to exersize at all. They put a nest box in a 1x2 foot cage so he could only hop into in box and out - that's it...
  8. S

HELP!! I am stupid

I caught a wild bred domestic bunny about three weeks ago. It is a young rabbit - I am guess less than 6 months. Anyway. The poor creature was too scared for me to get a good look at it's sex when I first got it and since I didn't have it in with my other rabbits I didn't bother look again...
  9. S

Spring hormones

Thanks everyone! Appreciate all of you help!! :D
  10. S

Spring hormones

My buns are about 8 months old - if I remember correctly. I am concerned as I don't have a second cage to seperate them right now and I just don't know when I should intervene. I don't want them to hurt each other but I don't want to have to reintroduce them if this is just a passing phase...
  11. S

Spring hormones

Well, I wrote earlier about my girls mounting each other but now every morning I find their cage trashed with even their wooden box upended. They are really chasing each other around and I see an occassional tuft of hair ripped out though I am not seeing anywhere that they are breaking the...
  12. S

Spyinak Bunny pics

Posted pics of my sweeties in General chat if anyone wants to take a peek at them.
  13. S

New to you!..............long, sorry.

I haven't had a rabbit for some years. After my last rabbit, Risky, died I swore I wouldn't get another as life in a cage is no way to live out ones life. Then I ended up with two more rescue bunnies. Rabbits are a dime a dozen around here so finding them new homes proved to be impossible thus...
  14. S

Outdoor kennel and bunnies

Sorry, no pics as the kennel is stacked in the snow right now and no hope of digging it out until spring sets in. I plan to put wire on the ground as the rabbits would likely dig their way out in short order if I did not. The kennel will be set up on grass and dirt. I hestitate to bury the wire...
  15. S

Outdoor kennel and bunnies

I have a 8x8 chainlink dog kennel that I want to use to pen my two female rabbits this summer. I realize the chanlink will be too wide so will have to put up a smaller wire to keep them in - was going to put it about 4 feet up the sides on the bottom and will cover the top to keep the eagles...
Back