• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Shula

1. S

Ignore - found some answers on other threads here

Found some thoughts on some other threads - thanks
  2. S

Indoor bunnies and underfloor heating...

They are sort of free-range-ish but with an enclosure as a 'base' - that's the bit that I have had washable puppy pads down on as they're tidy in the rest of the house. Only a bedroom and lounge that this could fit in though, so wouldn't want either of the spaces too freezing cold I am totally...
  3. S

Dried forage recommendations

I have a feeling that Just4rabbits package their forage in paper bags: https://just4rabbits.uk/
  4. S

Indoor bunnies and underfloor heating...

Bit of a random one. I'm due to be moving into somewhere with underfloor heating and I've just discovered that rubber-backed rugs/mats (e.g. the washable pee pads that I use to line my indoor bunny enclosure) can't be used on top of underfloor heating. Cue slight panic on my part! One of my...
  5. S

Cheek teeth issues

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, and for taking the time to write such detailed replies to a stranger over the internet - I'm so grateful. :love: It's really helpful to know that just because it's 3 weeks this time doesn't necessarily mean it will have to be every 3 weeks forever. I feel a...
  6. S

Cheek teeth issues

One of my bunnies had to have a dental (under GA) to sort out his bottom cheek teeth both sides as they were rubbing his mouth and making him drool. We caught the issue quickly and there was no damage to his gums/tongue. Recovery was quick and all has seemed well. However, just three weeks...
  7. S

Jumper for chilly older bunny?

Thanks :thumb: He's a free range house rabbit so he isn't ever confined. He lies right underneath the radiator for most of the day, which is on full blast from 7am-11pm. He's gradually been losing weight and is very skinny now, which I think is partly why he's getting cold. He's under the care...
  8. S

Jumper for chilly older bunny?

Just had my 10 year old house rabbit on my lap and under a blanket for over two hours to warm him up, as he was shivering. He is in a toasty warm, centrally heated flat, and is a lionhead so very furry anyway. Just wondering if anyone has had success using pet 'jumpers' (like the kind for dogs...
  9. S

Advice on rabbits being 'neighbours'

Hi there, I adopted a lovely bunny from my local rescue centre in the hope that he would bond with my existing very elderly pair of house rabbits. It doesn't look like the rather frail male from my original pair is going to accept the new boy (I won't do the long 'bonding attempts' story...
  10. S

Bandaging a front paw?

Thanks. It was a bit of a weird one really. The whole base of one toe came away from the foot when the vet cleaned it vigorously - like a massive scab but it went really deep, not like a 'normal' scab and not the normal 'material' that a scab is made of. No idea what has caused it. :? It was...
  11. S

Bandaging a front paw?

Makes sense - thanks. Appointment booked for this evening :thumb:
  12. S

Bandaging a front paw?

Hi there, My house rabbit has got a sore front paw - slightly bleeding on the bottom of one of his toes. My guess is that there was a prickle of some kind in his hay/forage and he's now over-grooming the sore area: it's been getting gradually worse over the last few days and he now won't put it...
  13. S

Weeing outside litter tray

Plastic storage boxes (e.g. underbed storage from Homebase or similar) usually have much higher sides than cat litter trays. Or you could try one of those hooded litter trays?
  14. S

Rehomed: Nala - spayed female (conti cross?), Nottingham

She's beautiful! :love: :love: :love:
  15. S

You Know You Need To Get Out More

I've been there! ;)
Back