• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by SarahP

1. SarahP

Brko 15.3.2024

So sorry to hear this. I'm sure you didn't miss any signs. I'm really no expert, but it sounds heart-related to me, so it would be sudden.
  2. SarahP

Molly piggy has been spayed today u/e 12th March

I'm finally thinking Molly is through this. I reeeeeeeeeeeally hate Baytril!!! Just needs to get some weight on now - she's only 900g.
  3. SarahP

Mods

That sounds likely then.... Maybe you can put some kind of limit on the size that would work.
  4. SarahP

Mods

Right, I have the magic words for you to investigate! The forum is disregarding/stripping the EXIF data (for security reasons that you very likely don't need). You need an option for stopping this disregarding/stripping of the EXIF data.
  5. SarahP

Mods

It's not the same forum software as the one he has fixed today. But I think you can bet it's the exact same problem with photos from phones not specifying whether they are portrait or landscape. He ended up just having to upgrade the forum to a version that can read photos from phones more...
  6. SarahP

Mods

Weirdly, my husband has been sorting this out on another forum today! It's something to do with how they show up on a phone, and that when they come across to the forum, it can't access the details of which way up they should be. That's not a very technical response, but then I am not a very...
  7. SarahP

Molly is really starting to pick up, which is obviously great. The follow up appointment went OK. But, we decided to put all the pigs back together today, as it would really help Molly to be back with friends, and she's eating mostly OK now. All went well at first, but now Bramble and Hazel...
  8. SarahP

Very unhappy, but nibbling a bit when I'm not looking (!) She is only interested in grass from the garden (the best things in life are free!) and small pieces of veg. I'm not wanting to syringe feed her while she's eating and pooing a bit. Would be great to see her nibbling on some hay...
  9. SarahP

Thanks all. Molly is zonked out on pain relief, which is all very well, but obviously I've got to get her eating asap. I'd like to say this is Hazel worrying about her best friend, but she's really wanting her uneaten veggies!
  10. SarahP

I haven't got her back yet, so I really hope she's going to be OK, but the vet has called me to say that she's made it through the operation. Her uterus and ovaries were very enlarged, apparently. She has been a hormonal menace for some time now. Now I need to get the cage sectioned off, so...
  11. SarahP

What litter/bedding is everyone using nowadays for litter trays?

That sounds interesting! I'll have to look into that, thanks.
  12. SarahP

Hah, well... sort of. But only in the sense that I have two litter trays under the water bottles, full of hay. But they poo and wee everywhere else in the cage too on the fleece and mats. Maybe the whole set up needs a rethink.
  13. SarahP

How does it compare to something like Fitch? I didn't find that very absorbent, although it was nice for hamsters when I had them.
  14. SarahP

I use Back-2-Nature for the piggy litter trays, but it is getting so expensive. I'm a bit out of touch with what is available to buy in bulk nowadays. I don't like the cardboard stuff, as it's just not absorbent enough.
  15. SarahP

Could this be mites? Or just lack of grooming?

Get a human lice comb and then put the pieces on a tissue. Then you can magnify it via your phone. You will see whether they have legs! Bleurgh.
Back