• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Rhian33

1. R

2 x Rabbits in need of new home (Rescue)

Are they neutered and up to date with vaccinations?
  2. R

Bonded rabbit died Saturday night..what now?

Sorry you lost your little one. My advice would be to contact a local rescue. They will be able to match you with a suitable rabbit and many do the bonding for you if required. You wouldn't have to bother with neutering of the new rabbit as they will do this beforehand and you won't end up...
  3. R

Weight loss and small poos

Just thought I'd update for anyone interested. We sent off a liver sample for analysis and that came back normal. Iain Cope has no further suggestions as to what it could be but Lola is doing really well and put back on most of what she lost. Being a house bunny is certainly suiting her.
  4. R

Sorry for the lack of reply. I've been asleep a lot today as i'm a bit under the weather. Lola's doing really well. After just nibbling food this morning about lunchtime she was up and about so I tried her on some pellets then a load of stuff from the garden, some forage mix and veggies this...
  5. R

Well, I mentioned the prebiotics to my vet and she thought it didn't hurt to try it so we will. Diet wise we discussed feeding Lola separately twice daily and feeding different hays, forage, veggies etc more or less really how I normally feed. We didn't think cutting out pellets was the best...
  6. R

This conversation alone disproves that theory ;)
  7. R

Spot on Jane, thank you, that's it. Someone has replaced my brain with cotton wool today, apologies. I will discuss diet and prebiotics with my vet this evening.
  8. R

I can't remember the name she said ( I will ask tonight) but I'm sure it began with an N. She said there is nothing we can do except feed her lots. What do you do differently for Lord H?
  9. R

Just had a call from my vey. Her stomach and caecum were very distended, apparently her stomach could be seen protruding when she was clipped up. She thinks it's because her nerves are not working properly in her gi tract and therefore everything has got bigger as food has been pushed through...
  10. R

Quick update. Spoke to my vet and she thinks that exploratory surgery is probably a good plan. She thinks that adhesions from when she was spayed (not by her might I add) is fairly probable or potentially a hair ball blockage in her stomach both of which she can do something about. Other...
  11. R

Selene and Elphie- ud Elphie again

This is so sad :( I'm sorry
  12. R

Yes it is from Iain. I'm not against exploratory surgery but I do wonder if it is in her best interests. I will have to discuss with my vet what she would be hoping to find and what the treatment options/prognosis could be. I see little point in opening her up just to find out what it is if...
  13. R

Selene and Elphie- ud Elphie again

Hope she feels better soon. Try and get some of her favourites into her if you can.
  14. R

I've just had an email with his suggestions. His assessment of the x-rays said it looks like intestinal rupture and peritonitis but the poo and lively rabbit suggests this is not the case. His other suggestions for the odd pockets on the x-rays are fat, adhesions, gas pockets caused by...
  15. R

Thanks MightyMax. Just did all the full cleans and loaded Lola and Mason up with healthy goodies to nom. She's just so bright and active, she's not looking unwell at all and had a good run around the garden whilst I was cleaning. She's still hopping around their enclosure up onto boxes and...
Back