• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by mistyrabbit

1. mistyrabbit

anyone got a bunny like this

My girl Nethie growls and lunges at our 6 mt old puppy. He's terrified of her!:oops:
  2. mistyrabbit

doggies and buns

One week on and doggy settling in nicely. Rabbit is very interested and goes into his room every morning to say hello. Doggy just wags a tail. If doggy wags anything more rabbit runs away.:) Doggy doesn't follow. Rabbit (Misty) doesn't seem upset: however I took it very slowly, first leaving on...
  3. mistyrabbit

doggies and buns

Ok, folks, deep breath, here goes! The reason I'm up at 5am is I can't sleep because my new rescue pup is coming today. He's a scruffy little crossbreed and doesn't seem to be aggressive. They did a 'cat test' at the centre for me and he didn't seem too bothered by the cat, so I'm hoping he'll...
  4. mistyrabbit

4 year old bunny has suddenly become a real handful

I don't suppose you changed around any furniture lately? I can't begin to describe how upset my bun gets when we move something. Though I suppose you would have mentioned if you did. My bun is around the same age and surprised us the other day by jumping up on the spare bed. She never tried that...
  5. mistyrabbit

doggies and buns

Hi, thanks for your comments,folks. Good to know buns and dogs can coexist. Sorry, Samantha M, you misunderstood me there: I meant that when I have to go out of the house or leave them unsupervised for a while they would be seperated. Of course I hope they get along enough to share the house...
  6. mistyrabbit

doggies and buns

yes, it'll definitely be the rescue centre, but I was looking at a dog rather than a pup, my reasoning being that they'd have a good idea of it's temperament and if it was passive rather than aggressive. I'm looking out for a quiet dog. Would a pup be better?
  7. mistyrabbit

doggies and buns

We've a small bossy bun who thinks she owns our house. Recently we've ben considering getting a little dog. We would keep them in seperate rooms - basically doggy= kitchen+ garden, bun = everywhere else.We know Misty's going to be put out, but we don't want her to be really unhappy. Is there any...
  8. mistyrabbit

Question on behalf of the other half!

Oh you lucky thing! When my local vet sees me coming with Misty he says "Oh God no"!:oops:
  9. mistyrabbit

Question for those with house rabbits...

Sounds like a bun needs neutering. He's determined to mark his territory. My bun (spayed)has a big tray with hay in it for a toilet. She can poo and chew to her hearts content and she can stretch out when the mood takes her. HOWEVER - a few months ago I let the guineapigs into 'her' kitchen for...
  10. mistyrabbit

Sitting in the rain with a slug on your head - worrying behaviour?

At least your bun's not a wuss, like mine: not only does she hate the rain, she comes scurrying into the house when the wind ruffles her fur - and stamps because somehow it's my fault!:) re. slug - your on your own there!
  11. mistyrabbit

Poor Turvey freaked out!

He might just have been objecting to the foreign object you put in his cage. Buns hate their world to be disturbed. My hubby brought home a new sofa last week and a little madam is still giving out about it!:D
  12. mistyrabbit

does anyone else's rabbit wanna make out with them??

All of you who have kissy buns seem to be the owners of boy buns. I've an indifferent girl bun. Knew I shoulda got a boy! Still, she's entertaining in other ways!:)
  13. mistyrabbit

Tugging and scratching at my clothes

He doesn't want you anywhere near his cage. :D That's his house. He probably spent ages arranging it in a certain way and he doesn't want people smells on it. Mine hates me to clean up her poos. She fights the brush if she sees me and growls like mad. I have to do it when she's not in the room...
  14. mistyrabbit

Thumping and grunting

If she hasn't been spayed it's quite possibly spring fever indeed. But my little lady, long spayed, takes strops at the slightest thing and it's not unusual to have her looking for petting one minute and stamping the next. On Saturday I emerged from the bedroom wearing high heels, which I only...
  15. mistyrabbit

Does my rabbit have fur balls or something...?

Would have thought that any little bunny boy who hasn't been neutered would still have his fur balls...:lol:
Back