• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by lereme

1. L

Rest in peace xxx

I am absolutely gutted, Mr Fox killed three of my rabbits, two with fright and he got my male. Worst was it was my daughter who found him, I can never replace him as he was the best so trusting, played with my two westies and always wanted cuddles:cry::cry:...hope they are at peace together!!
  2. L

Can labour start and stop

Wow I really thought she was bonkers!! I hope her doe is ok. The pet shop sexed my babies 2 girls and 2 boys ready for their new homes in a couple of weeks.
  3. L

Can labour start and stop

I was at the pet shop to get my babies sexed when I got talking to a woman whose rabbit had one kit which was dead this morning, she thinks there are more to come as the doe is still making her nest and pulling out more fur and is quite edgy. Can this happen i thought they were all born at once?
  4. L

New home at 6 weeks

Thanks I will keep them just now. Getting quite attached to them now as they are very affectionate and jump all over us.
  5. L

New home at 6 weeks

I have 4 babies who are 5 1/2 weeks old and have been weaned since 4 weeks due to mum having another litter. Are they ok to go to their new homes next week or is it best to keep until 8 weeks. They are housed away from mum for week and a half now and are all eating and drinking well. My friend...
  6. L

11 kits help!!

Thanks for the help will try and give small ones a feed. Hope it works out. There are ones who have really rounded tummies so they must be the stronger ones.
  7. L

11 kits help!!

I have moved the smaller ones to the top of the nest so hopefully they will get a feed, she would allow me to put them on the teat when she is on my knee but I don't know what to do for the best. This was an accidental breeding and entirely my own fault i never slept a wink last night thinking...
  8. L

11 kits help!!

My rabbit had her babies yesterday and i thought there was about 4-5 kits. Had a good look today and there are 11. Will she be able to feed that many? I thought they only had about 6 kits each time, they are all alive some look bigger than others but all wriggling around and warm.
  9. L

Kits born this morning

I will check the nest, she is really good when I go in. I will keep an eye on all of them, the older ones were jumping in the nest thats why i removed them as quick. I was going to try KRM but will stick to pellets and water and see how they go. Thanks for your help.
  10. L

Kits born this morning

I was wondering if i should put mum in their hutch for an hour and see if she feeds them? Feel really bad for mum she must be exhausted she has had extra cuddles and treats (dandelions). I think there are 4 babies (new).
  11. L

Kits born this morning

Yeah dad is in his own hutch and he doesn't like it he keeps thumping his feet to get out. I hope they are ok. Thanks.
  12. L

Kits born this morning

As I thought mum had another litter this morning, her previous litter is only 41/2 weeks both accidental and male now neutered. the mum is being pestered all day by the older ones so i have removed them to another cage beside her. what do i do now? Are they still depending on mum feeding them...
  13. L

Kits leaving the nest

When I went to feed fudge today the babies had all came out of the nest and into the run which is on grass. this is the first time they have been out, i removed them and locked them away while mum was out in the run. is this bad for them? They seemed to be enjoying themselves jumping around they...
  14. L

doe escaped with buck

Thankyou for your replies. I am hoping shes not, what age do the kits stop feeding from mum. Not very good at this, got rabbits sexed at the pet shop where I was assured ruby was a girl who turned into randy!! I have 4 kits who are thriving don't want to jeapordise them.
  15. L

doe escaped with buck

My doe had kits 2 weeks ago, when I was puting in her food and hay today she jumped over my shoulder and out of the hutch. My male was also out and they hid under the decking, managed to coax her out after 15 mins, I am devastated incase she is pregnant again...how will I know and what will she...
Back