• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Ladygarden

1. L

Bonding - could it really happen this quick (or will I be eating my words) Photos

Thanks for the lovely comments about the pics :D Quick update - the buns went into their new room today, same pen and set-up but just different room and they certainly seem to prefer it, possibly as nice and quiet, everytime I've peeked in on them they've been snuggled up or eating! I can see...
  2. L

Bonding - could it really happen this quick (or will I be eating my words) Photos

Thanks Santa, sounds like excellent advice and one I'll follow. I'm also back at work Monday so will be leaving them on their own for a large part of the day :( - slightly worried about this if I'm honest, but I haven't got any time off work until mid-Jan and then I'm moving house, eugh!
  3. L

@Alio - 10!!! Ha ha, that's excellent. I have to wear blinkers when I go in the pet shop to buy their supplies or I'm sure I'd have a housefull, actually swapped to online shopping so the temptation isn't there! I love their little individual personalities, must be amazing with 10.....
  4. L

Thanks Molly :wave:, you're very lucky and sounds a complete dream.....
  5. L

Bonding advise-U/D fighting!!

Hello, My 2 were together seperated by a baby gate for a good few months and I think it has really helped with their bonding which I also started yesterday, as in the whole hog! I've just posted a new thread on here, go and have a peak. Last night there was lots of stamping and pulling and...
  6. L

Bonding Pics..... Hmmm, very content... The umpteenth death roll today, this time by him! Had to add this my fave one of Arnold falling asleep on a silk cushion trying to stay upright!!
  7. L

Sounds very similar to what I'm about to do, Mitten will be going into Arnolds cleaned room, although with barriers around the skirting boards as she loves a nibble of the skirting boards! Ha ha, sorry Arnold was just sitting eating some pellets and using Mittens head as a cusions, she didn't...
  8. L

Thanks Alio71 that's reassuring to know, phewy, hopefully it will be that easy. I suppose it's like any forum really on here you only ever hear of the really good experiences or really bad experiences when people need help so I shouldn't get myself worried for nothing I suppose. It appears to...
  9. L

Hello, Started bonding Mitten (neutered girl English lop, 7 months) and Arnold (neutered boy English lop, 1 year) yesterday. Fully prepared neutral pen, shed loads of vinegar and new blankets etc. Was hard to find a neutral territory as she lives downstairs and he lives upstairs, free ranging...
  10. L

Lady stink bottom!!

Thanks, Oxbow all the way then me thinks :D we'd do anything for our little 'uns wouldn't we..... My boys poop has always smelt like he's had curried veg, but not as strong as hers, so think that's right about the Excel. YUMMY, haha :lol: I'm near Lakeside Sarah, have fab Wylie's vets 15...
  11. L

Lady stink bottom!!

Thanks Janice, so is Excel not that good for them? Thought I was giving them the best, just shows you how seduced you can be by brand name. Do they do they other ones in most pet shops or can you recommend somewhere online? I'll start to gradually change her over to something else and see if...
  12. L

Is pet insurance worthwhile?

Hi, Just spoken to an underwritter friend of mine, they do charge per area, like car insurance!! It depends on vet prices in the area and basically the amount of outbreaks of diseases etc. I used Petplan for a dog in the past and wouldn't think twice about using them again, she was 5 when...
  13. L

Lady stink bottom!!

Laugh away Rachylou, it's like living with 2 teenagers!! :lol: My Dad popped in yesterday and even he gagged at the smell! Problem is, she's in the lounge in a puppy pen, so basically it's the first and last smell you experience..... I was hoping that as he eats it by the bucket load and...
  14. L

Lady stink bottom!!

Hello, Well, not so much a lady with this smell!! Hoping someone can say this is normal.... Got 2 buns, not yet bonded as she is waiting to be neutered at beg of Sept. She has been on gradual adult diet for last 3 weeks (step up in Excel from her baby food), she's 5 months now. They both...
  15. L

Just started bonding - does this seem OK?

Thank you Yvette, It was a small en-suite, so probably about 6 foot square (with bath, loo etc). I only put a clean towel on the floor as it's tiled and know they'd go flying! I then brought some water in after 10 mins as they were so hot bless them, it's so humid here. She is a little madam...
Back