• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by kayjay

1. K

Horrendous. Difficult reading

Oh I definitely see the hypocrisy in it and my views, but as a pet lover (I don't own any pets at the moment), I don't eat rabbits. Or dogs or cats. And I can fully see that one animal's life is worth as much as the next, and I struggle with that as a meat eater. My friend has a small...
  2. K

Horrendous. Difficult reading

I'd like to beat him with a bicycle pump and see if it hurts him :censored: Once again a rabbit is used as it hasn't as much 'worth' as a dog or cat. Can you imagine if he'd beaten a dog to death live on air to make a point? This wasn't a farmed rabbit or a wild rabbit shot for meat, it...
  3. K

Introducing my two adopted bunnies

They're both lovely, I can't believe they've been overlooked in the rescue for that long :( But happy they've got a lovely home with you and happy that you have a pair of bonded buns after your trauma with the other unbonded pair :)
  4. K

Mice! Help!

I would be wary about assuming there are just two mice and thinking that might be all you have to deal with. A few years back, I ignored the few mice I'd seen in the bunny shed and before long they had bred... and bred... and we were overun with them. I went from thinking they were 'cute' to...
  5. K

In Remembrance: Su (Cannonwoman)

Awww I remember Su fondly and remember being so shocked when hearing about her death. Can't believe it's been 6 years. Never forgotten, Su, sleep tight xx
  6. K

Set-up improvements! (w/ photos)

I think your hutch and whole set up are great and look good too. I'm thinking about getting a new pair of bunnies but my hubby would prefer not to, so I'm trying to find a 'pretty' setup that doesn't look such an eyesore as our old hutch did in our small garden!
  7. K

P@H rant!!!

I'd do what Blackberry suggests above and contact the council on Monday morning. I did that a few times for a dreadful pet shop near me (which made P@H look like the Ritz for rabbits) and eventually it was improved. You could also write to the head office. I have to say that the P@H near me...
  8. K

Both my rabbits have gone missing :( UPDATE both found dead

I'm so sorry to read about your bunnies. It's a fine balance between giving them freedom with its risks and going overboard with keeping them locked up in a smaller but safer space. I lost my rabbit to flystrike last summer and whilst I still blame myself for allowing it to happen, I'm...
  9. K

The One Show/ rabbit in a box

I'm watching it and I was left very sceptical that it was the 'children's pet'... why would they bring a rabbit into a chinese takeaway in a small box, without food or water, except to use it as an item on the menu :? Rabbit tastes a bit like chicken (I know as my mum used to serve us 'chicken...
  10. K

Warning over Flystrike, feel so sick

Hugs to you, I know exactly what you're going through, I still can't get the image out of my head :( I lay in bed last night for ages as everytime I close my eyes I see poor Opal. I too focused on her diet. Each time I took her to be shaved by the vet they charged me £25 and her bum would...
  11. K

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I keep crying, and every time I think about it I feel sick with guilt and I don't think that will ever go away. And every time I feel of poor Opal and what she suffered I feel like vomiting. I really don't want to go through this again ever. I've lost...
  12. K

This will be my last post on RU. I thought I was a good rabbit owner but I'm not. Over the summer I have struggled more and more with my rabbit's mucky bottom, taken her to the vets countless times to be shaved and tried to clean her myself but each time her skin was so thin I've cut it and...
  13. K

Why did I buy this hutch? :(

Looking at your photo, if you move one bin along you could fit a run at right angles to your hutch, and connect it via a hole in the hutch to the run. My bunny has 24/7 access to her run on concrete and I'm happy it's safe enough. Then get a folding run for the grass in better weather.
  14. K

Bunny Attacked and Killed by Fox

So sorry you lost your bunny, it sounds like she had a very happy life with you. I'd browse the housing thread and the 'stickies' at the top as there are many ideas of how to provide a large but safe space for your rabbit/s to life a nice but fox free life. The fox knows you have another...
  15. K

The fox is back again - visit number 3 - page 57

Is it one fox or a family? And do you live rural or in the town? If it's a stray fox I wonder if any animal charity could help to relocate him? I'm afraid I'm with you, if it's the fox or your rescue buns I wouldn't hesitate in my choice. I'm lucky as although I live quite rurally I have...
Back