• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by jakeandmarta@ntlworld.com

1. jakeandmarta@ntlworld.com

biting

I've had Tarka (my boy rabbit) for a few weeks now and had him neutered two weeks ago. Out of the blue yesterday, he lunged towards me and bit my leg (not very hard) and today he lunged forwards to bit my hand (again not very hard). He has lunged towards me before (in fact every morning when I...
  2. jakeandmarta@ntlworld.com

bonding - is it hard?

There is so much talk about bonding. Is it usually a difficult thing to sort out, or are the majority of bunny bondings straightforward and easy? What exactly is the standard procedure and are there examples where the two bunnies just don't get on and you can't then keep the second one?
  3. jakeandmarta@ntlworld.com

a few questions

thanks guys
  4. jakeandmarta@ntlworld.com

bonding a female to a male

I have a four month old male rabbit who I am about to have neutered. I've been told to wait about a month before finding a female companion for him. What age female should I go for and does it matter if she is spayed or not. I want to find one from a rescue centre, and ask for their help with...
  5. jakeandmarta@ntlworld.com

a few questions

I've been asking lots of questions recently and thanks to everyone who has replied. I keep thinking of more questions so will just put them all here. 1. What are rabbits favourite fresh food treats. How much fruit/veg to I give my rabbit on top of his dry pellet food and hay. 2. My rabbit...
  6. jakeandmarta@ntlworld.com

myxi jab

thanks for your replies
  7. jakeandmarta@ntlworld.com

rain

thanks for this. i'll make sure a shelter is in the run.
  8. jakeandmarta@ntlworld.com

myxi jab

Have just booked my boy in for a myxi jab. He is 4 months old. Will he be unwell afterwards, how should I treat him when we get home. He is very new to me, so not completely happy about being handled. Am worried he will be distressed by the visit to the vet and will not like me anymore. How...
  9. jakeandmarta@ntlworld.com

rain

please could someone tell me - will my rabbit want to go out in its run today in the rain or would he rather stay in his hutch?
  10. jakeandmarta@ntlworld.com

nearest rescue centre

Thanks everyone for your advice about a second rabbit. It sounds like I need to find a spayed wife for my boy once he has been neutered. So my next question is where would the nearest rescue centre be to Walton on Thames Surrey?
  11. jakeandmarta@ntlworld.com

Can you tell me the breed?

thank you so much for all this good advice, which I will follow.
  12. jakeandmarta@ntlworld.com

Can you tell me the breed?

thanks for all the advice. So should I introduce a second bunny once my rabbit is older and neutered? What age do I neuter him and then when do I bring in another rabbit. When you say a rescue centre will bond them for me, what does this mean?
  13. jakeandmarta@ntlworld.com

rabbit toys

Someone recommended a bunny buddy on an earlier thread. I've looked on the internet for one but can't find any. Are there any other toys I can safely give my rabbit (soft toys and other types)?
  14. jakeandmarta@ntlworld.com

second rabbit question

If I decide to get a second rabbit as a companion for my male, unneutered, 8 week old rabbit, should I wait until I have had him neutered first before introducing a partner. Should both rabbits be neutered/spayed first before meeting?
Back