• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by ivor Middleton

1. ivor Middleton

thinking of bonding.......

I am about to add a 2nd male (neuted male) to my 5 girls and 1Male, I would be interested on your opinion? The male is related to my old bun Timba, which is nice , we pick him up on Saturday. Is this pair you want to bond Custard and Hazel by any chance?
  2. ivor Middleton

Cleaning out rabbit runs?

I personally have runs on grass and concrete, we usually move them around , I borrow a small flame thrower which burns off any bacteria there , also I water any pee spots when the bunnies arn't in the runs. burning the ground kills things like Encephalitozoon cuniculi (E. cuniculi) etc
  3. ivor Middleton

7ft rabbit hutch (new) Sheffield £65 ... 3 of 'em !! .. ebay

If you keep your eyes open there is 8ft by 2ft by 2.5ft hutches , like theses also on ebay. We have 4 of these , they aren't hard to clean out the fronts are wide enough to give you good access for a proper clean. We got our 4 from ebay but not this seller , i can't remember which seller but he...
  4. ivor Middleton

Giant REW in Pets at Home Wakefield UPDATE Still there *cry*

I may have room for him but would need to isolate him from my 2 as snuffles, I will see what I can do , wakefield is 15 mins away from us
  5. ivor Middleton

Giant REW in Pets at Home Wakefield UPDATE Still there *cry*

Is he still there ? does anyone know what he has wrong with him? snuffles can be treated as can teeth problems.
  6. ivor Middleton

I Need Help Please............... U/D 28th Feb Post 24

lol we had this when we bonded our 2 but in the end we had to ask a friend to bond them !:D our garage is miles from the loo!
  7. ivor Middleton

Bunny Boarding...

We go from Barnsley to Sheffield for £3 per night for our 2 buns , 8ft hutches for rabbits, outdoor runs and great care , with rabbit savvy vets on 24 standby. I have been more than happy to take them there , sadly the attitude of some Barnsley boarding places isn't what it should be, and they...
  8. ivor Middleton

Rearguard 'Flystrike' its that time again!!!

Tina from waggytails told of this a month ago after one of her customers rang her in a panic, Tina rushed off and the two bunnies survived thanks to Tina and the vets concerned. I have my outdoor runs fly screaned now thanks again to Tina.
  9. ivor Middleton

Whats your favourite bunny bit?

Just under both my buns chins is a really soft part and they almost purr whenI tickle them there.
  10. ivor Middleton

Bunny holiday home

I doubt whether any boarding establishment would take a rabbit with snuffles, heres why :Snuffles is one of the most common diseases that strikes domestic rabbits. Almost every rabbit breeder or long-term rabbit owner has dealt with or is at least familiar with this devastating respiratory...
  11. ivor Middleton

what to do when on holiday.....

remember rabbits don't fair well on long journeys nd there will be good local places, Give your vets a ring they will give you a list , go and check local places and see what you think , see if theperson doing the caring knows their stuff speak to referees of the the facilities. We were lucky...
  12. ivor Middleton

Travelling bunnies??

My vet wrote this to me last year when we wre in a fix as to where to take our buns Original Message ----- From: Enquiries Sent: 21/09/08 04:13 pm To: 'Ivor Middleton' Subject: RE: Rabbits and Travelling Hello Ivor, It is certainly not ideal to travel long distances with rabbits...
  13. ivor Middleton

Where should the food bowl be in the hutch?

we put ours in their living areas but they move them around themselves very easily infact!, we have even had food dishes thrown at us.
  14. ivor Middleton

what to do when on holiday.....

I use Waggytails in Sheffield but before you travel long distances please take this into consideration , this was written by my vet to me last year when we had to board our bunnies a bit further than we thought we would , however waggytails is fantstic for our bunnies. Original Message -----...
  15. ivor Middleton

Bunny hotel needed Wessex Sussex/Hampshire

we used these people when we lived down in Hampshire http://www.petpals.com/ great service and very knowledgeable on the rabbit front.
Back