• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Homer

1. H

Chewing Issues

Hi guys, Unfortunately Bart has developed an annoying, and somewhat damaging trait - chewing things! We are well aware that he will chew things due to rabbity nature, but he is getting very bad and going for the sofa and our bean chairs quite often, and going at them quite well too...
  2. H

Indoor for 2

Hi guys I think the OH is coming round to the idea of getting Bart a wifey bun now, just a bit more work needed. However if we do get him one which I hope we do, what is the best indoor setup to go for so there is plenty of room for them?! I only have a space that is 4x3 to put them in if so...
  3. H

4 year old bunny has suddenly become a real handful

Bart is being a git at the moment, yesterday evening he discovered how to move his litter tray - today has been fun for him!!!
  4. H

Too independent?

What is the other way mate?! Bart is incredibly wrigglish and will not be picked up!!
  5. H

flystrike products

Santa Bart is all of the above, he keeps himself nice and clean, dry, no wet spots and he is very clean with his litter tray (odd poops around but nothing much) and produces nice golden poops (except for when he is nomming on lots of grass when it goes dark) He will refuse to be picked up...
  6. H

Frozen carrots?

Bart was flopped out quite a bit earlier so we have bought him a small £9 fan from Argos and stuck it near his cage! He spent 5 minutes with his face right in it like a rabbit being blasted in an air tunnel Much happier now!! :wave:
  7. H

Flystrike

Hi guys With the nice weather this weekend Bart is going to be spending a lot of time outside. He has plenty of grass to chomp and a basket of hay aswell, with a big bowl of water. He never has a mucky bum and keeps himself very clean so I'm not *too* worried about him, however how do I check...
  8. H

Willow

Hi guys We have bought Bart some willow play things - a ball and a hoop. He does love them and we prefer him chewing this stuff to our sofa - :lol: - however how much is too much for them?! We don't leave it in his cage while we are not about it's more something for when he is out but he does...
  9. H

Hay?

Hmmm... we have been buying Tim hay out of P@H for conveniance sake (the size of the packaging and location) Is it really that bad?! Bart munches through a hopper and a half of it per day, but if it's easier from these hay expert guys? Storage is a problem for us!!
  10. H

Concerned after VHD injection-cylap

Oh wow! I will take this to the vets on Monday when he has his stitches inspected!!
  11. H

Neutering

Well, Bart is home and nothing to report! He is all cushty!! Apparently, within 30 minutes of coming round from his anesthetic, he was tearing his cage to shreds and hopping around like a loony!! He is a bit quiet this evening, but has been stuffing his face, pooping and having the odd drink...
  12. H

Rabbit insurance

I'm going to get Bart insured, I think it's going to have to be Petplan, however I am slightly annoyed they will not cover dental!
  13. H

Neutering

Bart has been dropped off at the vets for his neutering :( I feel really bad but it's for his own good! I won't be happy until he is home sat in his cage. He has been packed off with a nice set of treats to get him eating, and has a nice clean cage to come home too Poor little git :(
  14. H

Bart has recovered from his cylap, and managed to instead sprain his leg! Poor sod was limping about a bit last night so we put everything on the floor in his cage so he could eat/drink and then got him to the vets first thing today. He is much better this morning but he has been given a shot...
  15. H

Gah I wish I knew this stuff was evil before I took him, oh well. I know for next time! I checked him over earlier for any bloat etc and didn't feel or see anything where he was injected, hmm. Gonna ring the missus see how he is.
Back