• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Hesperus

1. Hesperus

He is starting to show his age now

:shock: time flies, I would have sworn he was about 4 now! He's still just as gorgeous as when you got him
  2. Hesperus

Grief after losing bunny - how can it be so bad?

Thank you everyone :love: I feel very much reassured that I'm grieving normally - I thought I'd gone mad!
  3. Hesperus

Grief after losing bunny - how can it be so bad?

Dear all, I'm so sorry I don't post very often any more, I just find it a bit tricky to navigate lots of typing with my disability. I lost my beloved house bunny Ludo on Monday, aged 9. He had organ failure and there was nothing that could be done. I would post in the Rainbow Bridge but I...
  4. Hesperus

Ludo's gone blind

Sorry for the slow reply, I got a bad migraine from worrying about Ludo. Well, the good news is that his sluggishness was the moulting, he's stopped shedding as much now and he's back to his normal, feisty self. He is blind, but I'm now not sure he's noticed. We are treating him again for EC...
  5. Hesperus

Ludo's gone blind

Hi all, I've had a very sad night. Ludo went blind in one eye with a cataract about 4-5 months ago. The cataract came on in 2 days, from first appearance to full cover. The vet examined him and said it's not a normal cataract, I think he said because it was in a different place compared to the...
  6. Hesperus

Happy 7th Birthday Lord Herbert !

Ludo wishes his fellow 7-year old a belated happy birthday! He says 7 is a fine age for a bunny.
  7. Hesperus

Giving panacur

The vet agrees with you! He's on the 28-day course now. I'll tell him to send his letter ASAP or there'll be no carrot tops for him on Xmas morning! :lol:
  8. Hesperus

Giving panacur

Thank you Jane, I've had a read through. I think I need to speak to the vet about him taking a 28-day course. The good news is that the urine staining has definitely improved, we haven't had any accidents for about a week!
  9. Hesperus

Giving panacur

- A 'cataract' in his left eye, which looks just like a cataract to me but the vet said is sitting too far forward in the eye to be a normal cataract. (I believe him, it just looks to the average glance like a cataract!) It came on very quickly. I think the vet said it was sitting in front of...
  10. Hesperus

Giving panacur

I manage to get him to take it wrapped inside a dried apple leaf! Unfotunately it doesn't seem to be doing anything, but it's only been 6 days so maybe it's too soon!
  11. Hesperus

Giving panacur

Thank you for the tips, I'm collecting it from the vet later. I think it's the paste... I'm going to try it on some herbs to start with. If not I could try just a tiny bit of shredded wheat!
  12. Hesperus

Giving panacur

I've just taken Ludo to the vet for a health check up and he has a variety of problems, most of which the vet recommends leaving alone . He did however say he would really recommend a course of wormer (I assume panacur) because some of the symptoms could be neurological. Ludo is a real...
  13. Hesperus

Told off an awful child earlier at a garden centre! (rabbit related!)

I was in a garden centre earlier, investigating hamster accessories, when I saw two boys, aged about 9 (no idea why they weren't at school) being stupid around the hamsters. One boy in particular kept deliberately touching the glass although it said not to and then putting his mouth onto the...
  14. Hesperus

Ludo has relapsed U/D A miracle!

I just rang the vet and he didn't have vetalgesic he had metacam. So i have no idea what yesterday was about! 🤔 thanks so much for the support from everyone ☺
  15. Hesperus

Ludo has relapsed U/D A miracle!

Yes, I didn't see this before, Nicky may very well be right. I'll ring the vet later when it's not Monday morning and find out what he had.
Back