• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by elmoandfern

1. elmoandfern

Loxicom dose question

Hi everyone :) my rabbit Casey has arthritis and has been prescribed Loxicom (dog) 1ml once a day. I'm going to call my vet and query this as I thought she was prescribing twice daily, as it was my understanding that's best practice for rabbits? Does anyone have any experience on usual dosage...
  2. elmoandfern

Safe woods to build with

Hi everyone, I'd like to build the rabbits some hides etc. because the ones online are so expensive! What kind of woods are safe to build with? Both of mine are big chewers and one is a cardboard box eater so I want to be careful with what I use. If anyone has recommendation for affordable...
  3. elmoandfern

fiba first

I give about 5 sticks a day to mine (who don't have pellets, just hay and forage) but I guess it depends on bunny size and activity levels too!
  4. elmoandfern

How to fatten up a rabbit?

when my fern lost weight i fed critical care and probiotic and it seemed to really help. i didn't syringe feed she just ate it out of a bowl :)
  5. elmoandfern

feeling emotional about the bunny house ( with added pinkness)

it looks amazing!! thats a great colour choice :D
  6. elmoandfern

Should I get another rabbit

as long as your vet is experienced with rabbits then the neuter op shouldn't be a problem :) also some rescues will help with bonding as well - i was too nervous to do it myself!!
  7. elmoandfern

I don't think this is going to end well ...

haha! the number of times one of my cats has called off the sofa/bed/shelf and i try to catch them and get bitten in disgust :shock: so ungrateful
  8. elmoandfern

Harry & Jo 16th July 2015

a lovely tribute :love: although i can imagine the pain of losing two rabbits together, how wonderful also that they could go over the bridge together x
  9. elmoandfern

harry and jo are now gone too

i cannot begin to imagine what you're going through. thinking of you xxx
  10. elmoandfern

Spay yesterday - am I over anxious?

did the vet say to start her metacam tonight? if so she may well pick up after her dose and eat a bit more :) its good that she has had some input/output though so i wouldn't worry too much. She should absolutely have a longer course of metacam though, usually 5-7 days. a lot of vets seem to be...
  11. elmoandfern

Angelica has had a horrific accident

how awful! thinking of both you and angelica xx
  12. elmoandfern

Nobivac combined VHD/Myxo vaccine

i'm so sorry you lost your bun :( i think a post mortem would be the only way for you to get some answers
  13. elmoandfern

Un-neatured male has bloody urine and eggs in his fur

I'm so sorry to hear this update :( I really hope he pulls through x
  14. elmoandfern

So glad all was fine! :)
  15. elmoandfern

i really hope he will be ok in the morning, do keep us updated
Back