• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by dinklepip

1. D

Bedding for Elderly Bun

thanks for your help guys, just purchased one which I can cut into two. Will see how I get on with it..or said I say how SHE gets on with it:lol:
  2. D

Bedding for Elderly Bun

that one you gave me a link too looks ok from the reviews
  3. D

Bedding for Elderly Bun

blimey they come up quite big. I could buy one and cut into two?
  4. D

Bedding for Elderly Bun

oh those type of vet beds. Are they quite thick though?
  5. D

Bedding for Elderly Bun

vet bed? never heard of one of those. I use incontinence pads in her toilet corner as it absorbs all her wee wee; I doubt she will use a litter tray now, anything that shouldn't be there gets chucked around lol. Although I do have a low sided seed tray..that could work! I did have a hay rack...
  6. D

Bedding for Elderly Bun

horse blanket wash bag?? mmmmmm that's interesting, might purchase one for myself, thank you
  7. D

Bedding for Elderly Bun

My elderly Bella Big Bum (as I call her) has some arthritis in her rear. She is now an indoor bun. I removed her bedding shavings and hay and gave her some cotton bath towels to sit on as I thought she might prefer it softer underfoot. Unfortunately she is a bit of a mucky pup in her pen and...
  8. D

Arthritis Supplement for Elderly Bun

i don't know of anyone around me that does acupuncture on animals
  9. D

Arthritis Supplement for Elderly Bun

Looking for recommendations for a supplement for Bella please who has a little lower back/leg arthritis
  10. D

Need advice please on elderly bunny care

thank you JBun, I am not even sure they were cecotropes compacted to her botty when she went in for a clean the other day. I have also noticed the last couple of days that she is recycling more when she has pooped. Normally she would have a couple but when she has pooped a dozen or so at one...
  11. D

Thank you Amy, this is all very new to me, she hops about well but after a short while of mooching around lounge she flops down, sometimes with her back legs splayed at the back but mostly in her normal position. The vet nurse seems to think that the arthritis may be more in her lower spine...
  12. D

Yes Bella Big Bum is still indoors at the moment, I brought her back in in January after she had dental as I didn't want her to catch cold. She does play with the towels and spends lots of time rearranging them but she doesn't like change and is a bit of a grunty bunty at the moment. Never...
  13. D

i apologise profusely for my outburst, menopausal symptoms,worry for Bella, nursing my 19yr old cat and looking after my elderly parents is taking it's toll so again I apologise, I am so sorry, just not dealing with anything at the moment :(
  14. D

15. D

Bella is around 7-8 now although her exact age is unknown due to her being dumped at a car boot about 7yrs ago and me bringing her home. Bunnies moving into old age is something very new to me and I am looking for advice please on future care. I have always used dust extracted shavings with...
Back