• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by daisylou

1. D

Grumpy/unhappy/bitey boy bun

When he burrows on me I just pick him up and try to move him somewhere else on me where he will sit for a couple of seconds before starting again. When he bit me twice on my bare flesh I did yelp loudly, not in anger at him but just because I got such a fright and it was so sore. He was...
  2. D

Grumpy/unhappy/bitey boy bun

Domino and I lost Bluebelle 2 weeks ago and since then I have been trying to cuddle him happy every night but he seems to be getting grumpier and angrier every day. A couple of nights ago he bit me twice, so hard I yelped out and it now looks like I have 2 lovebites :shock: He has never been a...
  3. D

Beautiful Bluebelle

Bluebelle came to live with Bojangles and I in the summer of 2006 after Bo had lost 2 girlfriends within a couple of months. I had vowed not to get another girl but knew he needed a partner. When I went to choose one, Bluebelle was the smallest (and perfect for Bo as he was a Nethie). Well, she...
  4. D

sorry this is a very depressing thread about what you do when your bun passes away

I think this is a really good thread as I am in this position just now. Bojangles died at the vet school last night and I collected him today. I haven't been able to bury him yet as the only place is under their run and I can't move it myself - I'll have to wait till someone can help me...
  5. D

Biscuit is dead

So sorry to hear about Biscuit. It sounds like you've given him a lovely forever sleeping spot x
  6. D

Getting a new bun for Bluebelle?

Although Bluebelle and I only lost Bojangles last night and I'm certainly not going to rush out and do anything straight away, I'd like some opinions on getting her another bun. Bojangles was really easy to read and so when he lost he lost his first gf Mosschops I spent time finding another...
  7. D

Bojangles

My teeny, tiny Netherland Dwarf Bojangles passed away about 11 pm last night. At 8 1/2 he knew how much I loved him and I knew how much he loved me. He would run to meet everyone when they walked into the dining room - he loved being clapped. Even yesterday when I left him at the Vet School...
  8. D

Snuffles?

Yeah, he has had 2 dentals now abd the last one was with the same vet in Feb this year. At that time Bojangles was very poorly, wasn't eating, his head was shaking and back legs weren't great. At that point the vet seemed great and said if he didn't have the dental he wouldn't last any time at...
  9. D

Snuffles?

I don't know of any rabbit savvy vets close by. I did move vet when I moved house but moved back as wasn't happy after Bojangles needed his first dental and he wasn't prescribed any painkillers. If he didn't have this hard breathing you wouldn't think anything was wrong with him. He is as...
  10. D

Snuffles?

Since I first posted Bluebelle was taken to the vet and also given Baytril. A week later they both returned for a check up, by then Bluebelle hadn't had another episode of sneezing and the vet was happy to say she is ok just now but warned that she may experience a build up and sneeze it all out...
  11. D

Snuffles?

Hi My 8 year old Nethie has been breathing as if his nose is blocked for a few days (intermitently) so I took him to the vet on Tuesday. Of course on as the vet he was breathing fine. Vet checked heart, tummy/bowels, teeth, watched him breathe and couldn't tell me anything specific. He did say...
  12. D

Overgrown teeth and head shaking

Haven't been able to log on for a few days. Bojangles made an excellent recovery on Thursday and Friday last week. Head shaking stopped and he started eating. He didn't get teeth taken out in the end, just filed down (I think). I had painkillers and antibiotics for him on those 2 days. Vet was...
  13. D

No, no radiographs were taken. He was very sure that the head shaking wasn't related. If the tooth has been taken out will that solve the problem? I don't want to lose him, but I don't want to have him suffer either. He doesn't seem to have an ear problem - well, in at least they are not sore to...
  14. D

Hi Last year my 7 year old Netherland needed to get a tooth taken out as it had overgrown and recovered very well. Then yesterday he seemed so ill, weepy eye, grinding teeth, not eating, legs splaying out at back and head shaking. I took him to a different vet (as I didn't get any after care...
  15. D

Cut on neck - Update

Bojangles and I are just back from the emergency vet. She said his neck is likely to be due to drooling. It's not cut, but there is a lot of bare skin and one patch is very red and it is clearly hurting him. She looked in his mouth and said that his gum is still a little red (2 weeks after...
Back