• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by ciara

1. C

Newly neutered bun, when can he return to his partner?

Thanks, she is fixed. Can he go back with her or should I wait a bit longer.
  2. C

Can you buy a decent run for Thistle Hall hutch

Looks fantastic. I have the same hutch for my Nethie and his g/f, but I need to make an extension too. Yours is perfect, just what I'm after. Will copy your idea and extend my bunnies room that way! ;) P.S Your picture is so pretty, I wish my back porch looked like that!! Its just started...
  3. C

Newly neutered bun, when can he return to his partner?

:wave:Hello, I haven't been here for a long time but I have a question. I have just got my little Nethie boy desexed (2 days ago) and he appears to be recovering very well, no redness or irritation to his stitches etc. The vet recommended that he be kept quiet for a week, but his rabbit partner...
  4. C

weetabix and bread

I used to give my buns a piece of wholemeal bread occasionally until I heard that it could give them GI Stasis. :? Herbs can be a bit expensive I guess but buns need fresh greens and celery is usually cheap and they can safely eat that. :) Mine also love carrot tops... :P (Living in...
  5. C

I live in AUSTRALIA - I want to help, how?

P.S Did you U.K bunnyhuggers hear that? Anyone caught owning a rabbit in Queensland is liable to receive a $30,000 fine. :o And no, we're not kidding. :lol:
  6. C

I live in AUSTRALIA - I want to help, how?

oops ;) Who's going to ensure this law anyway, the rabbit police? :lol:
  7. C

Accidental rabbit litters; which is kinder?

Here in Australia it is not uncommon for greyhound trainers to call up *free to good home* or *giveaway* rabbit ads in the paper and offer to take their rabbit, or indeed entire litters. They obviously want them for live bait, and to give their dogs the thrill of gaining prey drive...
  8. C

:cry: Not me, my buns and bubs are all loved and well taken care of, and it saddens me to think about all of the unwanted baby buns over here who will end up getting put to sleep or neglected because there arent enough rescue homes or rabbit shelters in this country.
  9. C

I should have researched opinions before starting this thread, and I do apologise if I upset anyone. :oops: In Australia, there are limited animal welfare organisations, and the RSPCA's in this country do not have a no-kill policy. In fact, alot of pounds and shelters here also do not have a...
  10. C

:cry: baby need op, life threatening. :cry:

Hi Bronie I will PM you the name of a rabbit email list in Australia that might have some ideas that could be helpful. 8)
  11. C

Hi Janice :-) I was just wondering about the ratio of surrendered buns you get in, to how many get humanely euthanised, if any? For everybun else; The reason I asked the initial question was because I had it heard it suggested (by a rabbit welfare person here in Aust) that sometimes it might...
  12. C

:shock: Err maybe the moderators could delete this thread if it's going to make people angry. It wasn't my intention to stir the pot so to speak, I was genuinely asking a question as I know that rabbit breeding season is about to hit in my country - Spring :!: and I wondered what people's...
  13. C

I should have made it clear that it was a hypothetical question. :) Remembering that it isn't always easy to find good homes for baby rabbits, :( What if a rabbit had 10 babies in a litter? Would you suggest keeping all of them?
  14. C

mixi outbreak

You guys in the U.K are fortunate to be able to vaccinate your rabbits against myximatosis. Here in Australia, we are not only banned from getting the vaccine into the country, the government periodically releases strains of Myxi into the environment to try and curb the ever growing population...
  15. C

I have a question, with a few different options as answers. Just interested to see what people's responses are, and wondered if in the U.K, rabbits that are advertised as give-aways or free, often end up at the mercy of Greyhounds in training. cheers Ciara
Back