• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Chrisrules334

1. C

Bear - Low Temperature / Stasis (again)

He hasn't, what would that check involve?
  2. C

Thanks all, he still eats loads and incl pellets and other veg and is definitely not losing weight, he's probably a bit chubby if nothing else. His episodes of malaise / not eating always seem to onset fairly suddenly out of the blue and pass fairly quickly too. He's a bit of a peculiar rabbit...
  3. C

Thanks, I will do. He's eating a lot and happy again. At what point do we decide to do the spurs? At the moment they're causing no visual lacerations etc do his mouth so don't want to take too much risk with anaesthetic if they're not causing the issue. How often do dwarf lops (age 6) tend to...
  4. C

Thanks all, Bear has come home today after another night in the vets. We kept him there just so he returned to full health a bit more before we put him back outside. I have discussed the possibility of dentals once he has recovered fully and will give them a call to discuss at a future date...
  5. C

Thanks all, Yeah he's a short faced dwarf lop with floppy ears so ticks all the boxes for dental issues (rescued from RSPCA). The vet did worry us a bit when explaining the dental procedure last time (high risk etc). But if we need to get them done more regularly we'll look to sort it. They...
  6. C

He had anaesthetic and spurs done last July so I'm surprised he has them again already. Is there a less invasive procedure they can do to sort them out?
  7. C

Hello all, Unfortunately Bear is back in the vets. He's a very sensitive boy it seems. He had stopped eating for a few hours and looked very unhappy in the hutch. Took him to the vets, Temp was 35.8c, gut was quiet. Apparently he had a small cut in his mouth where it looked like he bit it...
  8. C

Spurs diet

Thanks all. Will keep this in mind!
  9. C

Spurs diet

Hi all, I took the rabbits in for their annual vaccinations a week or so ago and the vet noted some spurs on Bears teeth. Weirdly he had an operation to file them down earlier in 2022 so I was surprised to hear this... Anyway, his diet is currently: - Fresh stalky Timothy Hay - he eats loads...
  10. C

Outside in this cold snap

Snugglesafes are definitely worthwhile investment, I do leave mine in the fabric pouch because my rabbits don't identify that as food. Cardboard/newspaper they just eat which is quite annoying. Mine have stayed down the bottom of their run for most of the cold snap which is a bit frustrating...
  11. C

Bear - Low Temperature / Stasis

Oh good point, will ask for the rabbit savvy one when we book jabs. I don't think we had too much choice when he went in as it was their emergency slot
  12. C

I agree Inspector - The vet we use is Silver on their list, nearest gold is >1 hour away unfortunately.
  13. C

We got Bear back home yesterday morning. Didn't get chance for them to take bloods. We are taking them back in a couple of weeks (give him a chance to chill out...) for vaccines. So may ask for them to test bloods then if they're willing. There is a chance the bedding wasn't great in his...
  14. C

Good first update from vet. He's back to normal temperature (38ish) and seems more alert. Not eaten yet. But going in the right direction. Next update tomorrow. Early vet suspicion that he may, in his "old" (near 6 yrs) age be struggling with the outdoor temp. To be confirmed but will give...
  15. C

Thanks both, hopefully, like you said he's in the right place. No vet has identified the causes of his stasis, the symptoms that come along with it always differ. Hopefully if he's warmed up he'll respond to treatment. See how this episode goes.
Back