• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by choink

1. C

Pets at home ... Rehome!!

my local store Huntingdon recently had a revamp which has included seperating the rabbits and guinea pigs (at last) and a rehoming area too. The area for the guineas and rabbbits isnt massive but its a start. the down side is that they now have some kind of giant rabbit breed and degus too
  2. C

I visited Pets at home today and............................

my pah (huntingdon) had a "giant" rabbit in it yesterday, with a sign saysing it goes on sale on saturday for £120. The poor thing was on its own looking thoroughly fed up in a box of sawdust. I say "giant" cos it really wasnt very big
  3. C

Help needed to rehome Veronica's buns..LOTS OF PICS

i could foster littler rocky if you need someone to, I live in cambridgeshire but could travel half the distance to collect if that helps. sorry you are having to go through all of this, i cant imagine how hard it must be for you
  4. C

Over Run with Guinea Pigs in Our Rescue - Kent

hi amanda if you want me and craig could take a pregnant guinea or two, i've got an indoor cage which isnt massive but it would do if that helps. its hels by the way, josh's mum
  5. C

GORGEOUS baby bunnies! *rehomed*

bruce :love:
  6. C

I Need Your Help With A Big Mission! Please Read!

what about a photo competition on the forum? different categories like - the cutest baby bun - the golden oldie - best friends - non bunny to enter you pay 50p/£1 per photo and ask members of the forum to donate small token prizes. see if you can find someone independant to judge it. i know...
  7. C

Roll Call... Tell us a bit about you

Name: Hels Area you live: Huntingdon (near to), Cambridgeshire Why did you choose your RU name: just one of the names i use online Names of your rabbits: I dont have any :( Do you work, if yes what job do you do: press and pr officer for the local fire and rescue service One thing you...
  8. C

Introducing my 6 guinea pigs and 5 cats

Lind80 connie is a sphynx she is also completely mental and its a bit like having a pet dog that I don't have to take out on walks Mandy i did see Max but 6 guineas already take up a lot of room. I would love more but I think I've been lucky in what my OH has let me have so far!
  9. C

Bunnyrun from London to Bolton (This is now sorted)

i can do through cambridgeshire if you like
  10. C

What would you do about this rabbit?

Huntingdon, their store is pretty bad. There are rabbits and guineas together, using sawdust and straw, guinea pigs cant reach the hay rack, there was actually no food there yesterday at all. Can i go in and chuck some greens into their enclosure?
  11. C

What would you do about this rabbit?

I was in my local P@H store today as I often go in to check on the animals. They had a lop rabbit there (sorry I'm not very good on rabbit breeds) who looked very thin in comparison to the other rabbits. It was also being mounted (or they were at least attempting to mount) by other rabbits. It...
  12. C

Introducing my 6 guinea pigs and 5 cats

I don't have any rabbits so I thought I would just introduce my other pets instead. this is Tink on the left and Connie on the right this is George on the left and Poppy on the right this is Jap this is Maude and Maggie this is Moppy and Mongoose this is Pedro and Elefon Hope you enjoy!
  13. C

Help Needed For Rescue

if you want any help contacting and dealing with your local press, ie sending out a press release that you are looking for fundraisers or you have lots of rabbits looking for new homes, then drop me a pm, i work in press and pr. you could start giving talks on rabbits. a lot of groups like WI...
  14. C

New here but no bunnies :(

I would really love a rabbit (or 2!) but although I have a big garden most of the lawn is weeds and with three 6-7ft runs in it for the guinea pigs on the grassy part I don't know if I'd have room for another. I also have the convincing my partner bit to get round too!
  15. C

Slug Invasion

I had the same problem as you really really bad with my guinea pigs. One night, one hutch had so many in it I brought my guineas indoors. I did two things one was putting down a ridiculously large amount of salt and the other is moving their hutches so that I can clear out that area completely...
Back