• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Bindi

1. B

Aspiration issues in special needs bunbun

Thanks both. I'm already getting inventive :D I work at a rescue centre so I'll have a look and see what we've got knocking about.
  2. B

Thanks. The problem with a lot of those is that he doesn't have mesh that low (aviary with kickboards) but maybe I could find some that I can screw into the wood. I'll have a look, thank you
  3. B

Thanks. He has a range of water bowls so I'll have to consider depths of sides etc... Food gets scatter fed so I'll have to think about that too... He does get fresh willow often, sometimes hawthorn, bramble and rosehip too, like the 'vase' idea.
  4. B

This walking nightmare is Quinn, my 2 year old (nearly 3) male bun. To date, aside from incidental issues, he has been diagnosed with: - An initial lung infection that caused permanent lung damage - Liver insufficiency (currently coming back normal) - A malfunctioning adrenal gland (hormone...
  5. B

Droopy Eartips

Thank you. His liver was recently given the all clear so I hope it isn't playing up again :/
  6. B

Droopy Eartips

Thanks. It's so strange to look at and I'm more wary with him. It's like his ears are melting :roll:
  7. B

Droopy Eartips

I have a feeling this is going to be the oddest thing I've ever taken a rabbit to the vets for. Quinn, over the last week, now has noticeable drooping in both ears. I've googled this and only got responses that rabbits that are hot can do this. I've never seen it happen before and I've been...
  8. B

Grooming a hands off rabbit

I tend to find that fenugreek crunchies often cause the rabbit to suddenly come down with amnesia about what just happened :lol:
  9. B

Grooming a hands off rabbit

Since they can't be touched, my first thought (after using groom mittens etc when you can touch them) was a bolt box or something with a circular hole. Especially after nibbling on the hole a bit it can act like a bit of a comb as they climb through it. It won't be anything like an actual comb...
  10. B

New year and still can't catch a break

Morning nebulising and a quick check- eyes and nose clear, swelling reduced. Not quite back to normal yet but much more so than yesterday :)
  11. B

My Rabbits Stomach

You don't mention his poop, I'm assuming that's normal as well? While I'll admit that the gurgliest rabbits I've had have had intestinal issues, if everything is going in fine and coming out fine he could just be noisy.
  12. B

Not recently, no. I'd have to double check his vaccine card. - Edit- it was last June.
  13. B

Yesterday evening I took Quinn out of his house to bring him in for nebulising and off-handedly checked his bottom. Nice and clean, but I got an unexpected shock- swollen genitals. Alarm bells for a lot of you, I'm sure. I took him to the vets first thing this morning and after a thorough...
  14. B

Getting My Baby Boy Neutered

If he's a young rabbit with no symptoms and a good diet I personally wouldn't bother with the x-rays (I'd only really be inclined to check up on teeth, but if external exam of the mouth shows his teeth are fine I'd accept that). Bloods are a good thing imo, just in case something shows up.
Back