• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by beetlekhama

1. B

anyone have a good recipe for hay cookies?

does anyone have a good recipe for homemade hay cookies? the vet has advised that stan needs to eat more hay for his back teeth but he seems to ignore his hay in the rack so i thought maybe i could tempt him with some hay cookies. Also will this do the same job for his back teeth as munching...
  2. B

Lack of manners!

I was having this problem with my bunny too. he decided his place to go was the sofa, we had to ban him from the sofa in the end! I would let him have free reign of your living room so he can choose another place and not let him on the couch, then when he has chosen a new place put a litter...
  3. B

Rabbit Vandal - is he trying to tell me something?

He has a tunnel and wooden table bench, a ball, some toilet rolls and a dangley stick and walnut thingy out in his run. we are intending to get him a friend once his hormones calmed down from the neutering. He proberbly has loads of fun making a mess, teenage partying. :lol:
  4. B

Rabbit Vandal - is he trying to tell me something?

Hi,:wave: These last couple of weeks, Stanley has turned into a complete vandal in his hutch. I have a single story hutch with a cubby compartment with a space on top. He has always slept on top of the cubby rather than in it and used the cubby compartment for his bathroom area so thats where...
  5. B

Rehomed: Jasmine- Beautiful Girl available for rehoming- ( Bedfordshire)

She is so lovely! when will she be ready for a husbun? I have a 6 month old boy looking for a wife, i was going to start looking in about a month. They would make a very handsome pair! :love::love:
  6. B

Can't Understand Some of the Rabbits..

We will be looking for a good lady wife for Stanley after christmas so would appreciate your help and advise with that when the time comes. Hopefully you will have some eligible single lady buns for Stan to date! I really want to get a rescue bun for him but i am a bit worried i wont pass the...
  7. B

Snezzy bunny

my bun had a respirtory infection before i adopted him and he still sneezes a fair bit. Vet said he will prob always be sneezy and it can be brought on by house dust, and also the dust in his hay. he also said not to use sawdust anywhere in his hutch and I could try wetting his hay before...
  8. B

Bonding Stanley - Questions. Help please!

Stanley will have chinned his way around the areas he's allowed in, so these ares are now 'his'. I would recommend using a neutral area, or an area that has been thorougly disinfected, and start off with short dates. I know many people on here do intense-bonding, but I don't have the nerves for...
  9. B

Thanks for your advice. That article was really helpfull thankyou. I think i will have to wait until after xmas to make sure Stan's hormones are all calmed down after his snip. I would like to get a rescue bun so hopefully will be able to do the bunny dating thing with him first at the...
  10. B

I am starting to look into getting a wife for Stanley. I think he would really appreciate the company. But i have a few queries i hope you guys can help me with. Stanley is an oudoor bun who comes inside for a few hours everyday. during the bonding process, where is the best place to do it...
  11. B

potato peelings-how toxic?

When i was a kid i used to feed my rabbit potato peelings all the time as they were his favourite and i didnt know better at the time, he was fine. Used to make his poo go a bit soft i think if he ate too many but eating a tiny bit shouldnt do any harm.
  12. B

Strange bunnies...

Stan thinks the lino is loads of fun now hes got used to it :lol: he comes tearing in from the living room at high speed and performs skids across the kitchen, then freezes with his legs akimbo. its very funny :lol:
  13. B

would you like to see a secret ive been keeping ?

OMG he is so cute!!!!! :love::love: congrats
  14. B

would you like to see a secret ive been keeping ?

always, love a good secret! do tell.
  15. B

Strange bunnies...

I think he also follows us round the kitchen in the hope that he might get some of whatever we are chopping up for dinner (which he usually does because he is a spoilt bun!). he comes running humphing loudly if he hears the fridge open cos he knows thats where the veg is kept.
Back