• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Aimee84

1. A

Quick thank you to you all

Hi all, Just wanted to thank you for all your lovely replies since I lost Smudge suddenly last week after her spay. I hadn't got round to being on the forum much as I have a 19 month old daughter. We rehomed smudge from a friend who bought three females from a big high street pet shop (you can...
  2. A

Please support in health :-(

Thank you both, much appreciated, such a lovely forum x
  3. A

Post spay help

Thanks so much for all your lovely replies, really appreciate it. X
  4. A

Post spay help

Hi, Thanks for ur response, I rushed her to the out of hours vets but she passed away on their table. I'm feeling absolutely awful as they said it was probably due to the anaesthetic but I feel so guilty as she was fit and well before the op. She was such a softie, gutted. I know getting her...
  5. A

Post spay help

Hi my three year old doe was spayed earlier today, I had other females spayed but she really doesn't seem to be coping too well. She had pain killers and isn't due more till the morning. She had gut stimulant before op and again when I got home. She's very sleepy still and won't hop around...
  6. A

Dental bunny difficult eater!

Hi Thanks for all of your replies. I have tried cheap hay, farm hay, expensive meadow hay, oat hay and timothy hay. He turns his nose up at dried herbs and readigrass. He is currently on SS pellets. I have tried herby chew sticks and things too with no success. Its good to hear others have had...
  7. A

Dental bunny difficult eater!

Hi I rehomed my 8month old nethie Gimli three months ago. When he was neutered I got the vets to check his teeth and they found his incisors were misaligned. Since then they were trimmed and burred at an increasingly short rate. His last visit was about three wks ago and they need doing again...
  8. A

Stasis Question

Oh yes forgot that bit, teeth all fine, no burrs or sores, stomach not that swollen and could feel a few poos in the making. Bladder didn't seem swollen either, and no blockages could be felt. Thanks for your quick reply.
  9. A

Stasis Question

Hi To start from the beginning, Wednesday evening OScar wasn't interested in his pellets (very unlike him) so brought him in and tried to tempt him with his favs like apple and dandelion he wouldn't take any. I was all set to take him to the emergancy vet when he pooped and started to eat...
  10. A

Lapizole wormer

Both me and my bunnies prefer Lapizole, they all hate panacur and it was a fight to make some of them take it. They like the taste it seems of the Lapizole.
  11. A

So Jimmy is officially blind!!!

Hiya, One of my bunnies, Billy was born with cateracts and so is only partially sighted, he gets around absolutely fine, he's a bit more jumpy but he's with two other bunnies so he does rely on them a bit but he's usually the nosiest. I have to be more careful that I speak before I appear so I...
  12. A

E cuniculi - what else should I do?

The way Oscar was at his worst and for about 2-3 weeks afer that I thought he'd never be able to walk in a straight line again and was on the verge of having him pts due to quakity of life but he suddenly turned a corner, although it really does take time, to most people now he just looks...
  13. A

E cuniculi - what else should I do?

Hi, Just wanted to say stick with it, one of my bunnies, Oscar had EC last year, what started off with a bit of a wobble, then went downhill very fast. I took him to the vets straight away and he was on Panacur and metacam. Over the course of the next 7 days his head twisted right round and he...
  14. A

Head tilt bun UPDATE

Hi, When my Oscar had really bad head tilt he would stay in his wooden tunnel as it stopped him from rolling over. Might be an idea if you have one. Hope he's better soon.
  15. A

EC - recovery?

Oscar has finished his months course of Lapizole and metacam and I never thought he'd make it through! He went through a really bad week where he could only roll he couldn't stay up on his feet at all and was getting really stressed. My mum was rabbit sitting and was giving him water every two...
Back