• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sylar's stasis thread

Thank everyone :D
I've just sat with him and tried to hand feed him some food. I started with fresh herbs thinking that he'd show the most interest in them but nope! So I tried some hay and weirdly he was interested in the really hard, stalky strands. I've hand fed him a nice amount and now he's resting again.
He's such a good boy :love:

Pleased to see your updates. It's good to see that he's improved quite a lot since yesterday evening. I hope you manage to get some advice from Molly about the chest x-ray, but I guess that will be next week now.

Thank everyone :D
I've just sat with him and tried to hand feed him some food. I started with fresh herbs thinking that he'd show the most interest in them but nope! So I tried some hay and weirdly he was interested in the really hard, stalky strands. I've hand fed him a nice amount and now he's resting again.
He's such a good boy :love:

So pleased to hear this :)

Thought I'd give a quick update :)
Sy seems ok, he's not seeking out food for himself yet but he will eat hay, plantain and dandelion if i sit with him and feed it to him by hand.
I want to avoid syringe feeding him if possible to avoid stressing him out. I'm going up to see him for a cuddle every 20 minutes or so and I'm offering him some hay. Hopefully this will be enough food to avoid giving him CC? I don't know though!

Thought I'd give a quick update :)
Sy seems ok, he's not seeking out food for himself yet but he will eat hay, plantain and dandelion if i sit with him and feed it to him by hand.
I want to avoid syringe feeding him if possible to avoid stressing him out. I'm going up to see him for a cuddle every 20 minutes or so and I'm offering him some hay. Hopefully this will be enough food to avoid giving him CC? I don't know though!

I always find syringing feeding is a kind of 'insurance', but I guess you have to use your judgement if you feel he's eaten enough on his own x

I'm keeping a close eye on him and he's had a good dose of metacam and emeprid too. His tummy sounds good too so I'm going to play it by ear but I will definitely give it if he needs it.
He's really fighting me as well. He's getting a bit bitey! Bad boy!

Came by to check on your boy. I think his poo should be a decent gauge on whether he is eating enough? Are they ok=ish in size & quantity? x

He's just done me a nice little pile :) they're not as big as normal but they are a decent enough size.
Thank you for checking in!
X

He's just done me a nice little pile :) they're not as big as normal but they are a decent enough size.
Thank you for checking in!
X

He's such a good boy - how obliging. A little smaller would be expected after anaesthetic. The boy is doing good x

I'm keeping a close eye on him and he's had a good dose of metacam and emeprid too. His tummy sounds good too so I'm going to play it by ear but I will definitely give it if he needs it.
He's really fighting me as well. He's getting a bit bitey! Bad boy!

Feisty boy! Perhaps getting fed up, but you need to look after him so he'll have to put up with it - naughty little rabbit :)

Haha yes :oops: They have their own bedroom as well which is full of bunny stuff. They have taken over :lol:

It's their house and I just have a bed in it :p

Haha, I know that feeling too well! My partner has always said its their house and we just live with them!! :)

We now have a litter tray in our bedroom too which normally means hay is dragged all around and we end up walking through hay when going to the loo at night! :lol:

So glad he's feeling better now & chilling with you :love:

He is certainly looking very chilled. My Tan has also started to gently nip sometimes when I pick her up every evening to give her her Metacam. I'm sure they just get very fed up with it and of course don't understand the reason why it's being done:)

I hope you have a period of calm with him (and Hiro) now. How's your knee btw?

Haha, I know that feeling too well! My partner has always said its their house and we just live with them!! :)

We now have a litter tray in our bedroom too which normally means hay is dragged all around and we end up walking through hay when going to the loo at night! :lol:

So glad he's feeling better now & chilling with you :love:

I also have a litter tray in my room but since getting tilty Hiro picks and chooses when he uses it! He knows that he has to pee in it but he can't make up his mind about the poops. They belong just outside of the litter box. Apparently!
Carpets are sore point to me. My rabbits are messy at the best of times but with them being ill recently we've been leaving food all over the house to tempt them. I swept and hoovered yesterday before Sy came home... Hiro wanted to model what our carpet looks like today. An absolute state!

Last edited:
Back