• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Boarding cottages now finished!

I think its fab too. A nice space for bunny holidays. Personally I'd rather not have wood shavings though

I think its fab too. A nice space for bunny holidays. Personally I'd rather not have wood shavings though

I was just going to say the exact same thing about the shavings. I love the space and the colours you have used look lovely :love:

Eek! That looks absolutely amazing! Congratulations on making this, you've done a really great job. Love the colours too! :)

I was just going to say the exact same thing about the shavings. I love the space and the colours you have used look lovely :love:

What would you suggest for bunnies and Guineans who aren't letter trained? I was thinking I may buy Auboise next time

It depends how not litter trainned they are. Lining the floor with lino gives you a waterproof wipe clean surface so if it's just poop or the odd accident you can leave it at that and just sweep/wipe as needed :) Saves a fortune in litter and bin bags!

It depends how not litter trainned they are. Lining the floor with lino gives you a waterproof wipe clean surface so if it's just poop or the odd accident you can leave it at that and just sweep/wipe as needed :) Saves a fortune in litter and bin bags!

The floor is covered with Lino. Then newspaper and wood shavings on top. I spot clean them daily with guests but I need something absorbent for wee's. Next guest I'll try just Lino and see how wet it gets. Thanks for the advice.

I like megazorb which is paper based & really cheap. I put a cover of that in their litter trays & top with hay.

They are really lovely cottages, nice design & very aesthetically pleasing too

I like megazorb which is paper based & really cheap. I put a cover of that in their litter trays & top with hay.

They are really lovely cottages, nice design & very aesthetically pleasing too

Thanks for the compliment. I really tried to make them look like little holiday homes!!

They look so beautiful.
Could you maybe try something like Fitch bedding instead of sawdust? Its nice & cheap, low in dust & amazingly soft.

If you ask each stay if they're litter trained, this will help you to figure out if you need to use stuff to protect lino or not.

They look so lovely. The only suggestion I would have is to put a second bolt at the bottom of the run doors. I may make a booking!!!!!

The floor is covered with Lino. Then newspaper and wood shavings on top. I spot clean them daily with guests but I need something absorbent for wee's. Next guest I'll try just Lino and see how wet it gets. Thanks for the advice.

Guineas are different, but on the whole rabbits will use a litter tray (unless old and incontinent) and therefore lino with nothing on top would be sufficient :thumb:

For oldies or infirm ones you could throw down the odd washable mat.

For guinea pigs something absorbent would be necessary, I agree.

Well done they look absolutely lovely :love:

Just a thought but for piggies, you'd need to make sure that teeny-tiny gap at floor level, between the wendy house and the run, is blocked off. Piggies can get into some small spaces - especially when you don't want them to!

Just a thought but for piggies, you'd need to make sure that teeny-tiny gap at floor level, between the wendy house and the run, is blocked off. Piggies can get into some small spaces - especially when you don't want them to!

Do you mean under the house? That's covered on the side of the run so I don't have to worry about that.

They look so beautiful.
Could you maybe try something like Fitch bedding instead of sawdust? Its nice & cheap, low in dust & amazingly soft.

If you ask each stay if they're litter trained, this will help you to figure out if you need to use stuff to protect lino or not.

I love Fitch bedding, so cosy and comes in a huge bag x

Back