• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Marble has EC - update 18/9

Oh no! Sending loads of vibes for you & your lovely Marble. I hate EC with a passion it's evil :evil:
Thank you!
It's my first experience with it, and I'm giving all 3 buns panacur - started today...im obviously not bunny mummy of the year in their opinions now :lol:

Thank you!
It's my first experience with it, and I'm giving all 3 buns panacur - started today...im obviously not bunny mummy of the year in their opinions now :lol:

Oh dear. Giving meds doesnt exactly make you popular does it? I hope Marble makes a speedy recovery and that the others are fine.

Oh dear. Giving meds doesnt exactly make you popular does it? I hope Marble makes a speedy recovery and that the others are fine.

Last month I spent 10 days syringe feeding Blackavar every 2 hours, metacam 2x daily & metaclopromide 1x daily. Plus my girls had the same 5 days on metacam 2x daily & something else 2x daily. So that & daily vet trips too meant I was not a welcome sight in their room :roll:

Certainly not! Maizie and Daisy hid from me for at least an hour afterwards! Going to be a month of grumpy bunnies!!
Last month I spent 10 days syringe feeding Blackavar every 2 hours, metacam 2x daily & metaclopromide 1x daily. Plus my girls had the same 5 days on metacam 2x daily & something else 2x daily. So that & daily vet trips too meant I was not a welcome sight in their room :roll:
Oh goodness, that sounds like a nightmare!

Sending lots of get well vibes for Marble xxxxx

It's hard when you have to upset them with meds. I have to give my 2 black bunnies baytril everyday and they really hate it xxxxx

Sorry to hear about marble and good luck with all your medicating! We had to do a 28 day course of panacur with Elmo after twix died and it got progressively harder as he got wise to me me..and then after a couple of weeks he just sort of gave up and let me do it in return for treats :D sure they will forgive you quickly anyway :)

Sending lots of get well vibes for Marble xxxxx

It's hard when you have to upset them with meds. I have to give my 2 black bunnies baytril everyday and they really hate it xxxxx

Sorry to hear about marble and good luck with all your medicating! We had to do a 28 day course of panacur with Elmo after twix died and it got progressively harder as he got wise to me me..and then after a couple of weeks he just sort of gave up and let me do it in return for treats :D sure they will forgive you quickly anyway :)
Thanks both.
Marble is taking the meds well, she tries to chew the plastic thing and I just push it in.
Maizie and Daisy are a different story...they will take it with weetabix though :thumb:

Good luck with everything I have the same with my bunny Nutmeg at the moment he has finished his panacur but is still on metacam twice a day and antibiotics every other day and he was starting to pick up and move much easier. Unfortunately he has had to go back to the vets this week as he now has an infection in his down facing eye and has lost some fur around the eye so he now has ointment for that too. The ointment has made him disorientated again and he does not like having it put in but hopefully we caught it fast enough 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck with everything, I am sorry to hear Marble has EC but hopefully your quick reactions will help her get better without further symptoms. :thumb:

I thought I saw you mention something on another thread :( poor Marble mega vibes she gets better quickly & everybun else is ok. More nose rubs for her :)

Good luck with everything I have the same with my bunny Nutmeg at the moment he has finished his panacur but is still on metacam twice a day and antibiotics every other day and he was starting to pick up and move much easier. Unfortunately he has had to go back to the vets this week as he now has an infection in his down facing eye and has lost some fur around the eye so he now has ointment for that too. The ointment has made him disorientated again and he does not like having it put in but hopefully we caught it fast enough 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh gosh, I hope nutmeg is doing well and makes a full recovery!
Marble and the other 2 are just on panacur at the moment. Only symptom we have is excessive drinking/urinating so hopefully I've picked up on it extra early!!
Vibes and nose rubs for nutmeg, sounds like the poor thing is having a tough time!
Good luck with everything, I am sorry to hear Marble has EC but hopefully your quick reactions will help her get better without further symptoms. :thumb:
Thank you!
I'm hoping we don't get any other symptoms, but I'm watching all 3 girls like a hawk, and checking them over all the time - much to their disgust :oops:

I thought I saw you mention something on another thread :( poor Marble mega vibes she gets better quickly & everybun else is ok. More nose rubs for her :)
Thank you!
Marble is loving all of these extra nose rubs - she loves attention ;)
They're all fine, meds time isn't as hard as I was expecting, and I'm keeping a close eye on all 3 buns!

Just been for Marble's follow up appointment at the Vets. She's finished her 28 day course of Panacur (which turned into a 33 day course :lol: ), all of her symptoms have gone, she's not drinking as much, and not weeing as much, and she didn't present with further signs.
The vet is very pleased with her, and me! She said I must have been very quick at finding it as they never see rabbits before they present with more serious symptoms such as head tilt. She said Marble is in excellent condition, and is obviously very well looked after.

I'm so happy :D:D

So now we're on the hunt for a husbun again (poor Barney :( )!

Back