• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO The Hutchman

When do you plan to start building hutches again?
Hi to be compleatly honest I'm not really sure at the moment.
I've now had to add tiny Heavenly Hutches to my line up as they have been requested so much for pet ashes.
I have fitted in a few hutches here and there for long waiting customers but I have some big players interested in my new project and if it all goes to plan I may not have time to make any hutches at all?
I will keep you all posted though.
Thank you

Good luck with your new venture - although it's a shame for those who were hoping to buy hutches from you.

Good luck with your new venture - although it's a shame for those who were hoping to buy hutches from you.

Thank you
It kind of made my mind up when I got called pathetic by another member on this forum.

I thought I have done nothing but try my best to help as many people as I could.
I remember when I joined here about 7-8 months ago asking questions to find out what everybody wanted in a hutch so that's what I started producing.

But on every forum regardless of subject you always get the rude offensive people that think they know everything?? Well they don't.

So, Sorry everyone I have decided to hang up my hutch making gloves and focus on Heavenly Hutches.
Along with my National "successful" window cleaning business I'm sure I will have enough to do.

I would like to thank all my past customers and also thank all the rude offensive people who made me realise what I better person I am than them.

I may pop up from time to time as I am a "paid" member and may surprise someone with a new hutch too.
Best regards
Scott. (The Hutch Man)

Thank you
It kind of made my mind up when I got called pathetic by another member on this forum.

I thought I have done nothing but try my best to help as many people as I could.
I remember when I joined here about 7-8 months ago asking questions to find out what everybody wanted in a hutch so that's what I started producing.

But on every forum regardless of subject you always get the rude offensive people that think they know everything?? Well they don't.

So, Sorry everyone I have decided to hang up my hutch making gloves and focus on Heavenly Hutches.
Along with my National "successful" window cleaning business I'm sure I will have enough to do.

I would like to thank all my past customers and also thank all the rude offensive people who made me realise what I better person I am than them.

I may pop up from time to time as I am a "paid" member and may surprise someone with a new hutch too.
Best regards
Scott. (The Hutch Man)

But what about the lovely people here who helped you start up by giving you suggestions, and those who recommended you to folk looking for good hutches. Discarded, cast aside like an old . .??? . . Can't remember the rest of the saying, but I can hear the violins. ;)

But what about the lovely people here who helped you start up by giving you suggestions, and those who recommended you to folk looking for good hutches. Discarded, cast aside like an old . .??? . . Can't remember the rest of the saying, but I can hear the violins. ;)

That's true...but then isn't this how he makes his money? I mean, if I had a craft making business and had necklaces and bracelets but the necklaces sold a lot better and I couldn't make both I'd have to choose one or the other and the obvious choice is to make the ones that turn the best profit. Either way it's probably a difficult decision and bound to disappoint a lot of people.

What are you talking about violins for???
I've said thank you to everyone that deserves a thank you. I won't even comment on the violin remark!

Now let's leave it there please.

That's true...but then isn't this how he makes his money? I mean, if I had a craft making business and had necklaces and bracelets but the necklaces sold a lot better and I couldn't make both I'd have to choose one or the other and the obvious choice is to make the ones that turn the best profit. Either way it's probably a difficult decision and bound to disappoint a lot of people.

Thank you William you got it in one.

I've said thank you to everyone that deserves a thank you. I won't even comment on the violin remark!

I think Babsie was joking around and acting dramatic because she really wants a hutch from you :lol:

I'm sorry Scott, your hidey house is a work of genius..

Good luck with your ventures... Xxx

Sorry, you've completely misunderstood. I was joking about people being cast aside.

I think my joke went rather flat and has only caused offence.
I understood (makes a change for me :lol:)

Good luck Scott, I think they heavenly hutches are a great idea :thumb: and understand that hutches must take a lot of time and effort.

I understood (makes a change for me :lol:)

Good luck Scott, I think they heavenly hutches are a great idea :thumb: and understand that hutches must take a lot of time and effort.

Look at it this way, when I place a timber order for hutches it cost me on average £5000 and they are huge heavy items that are extremely hard to post or deliver. I've been lucky because as I made them they went straight out otherwise they would take up a lot of room in the workshop.
When I place an order for timber for Heavenly hutches so far it costs me around £1000 a time so saves me £4000
I have also taken on another workshop where we are building a spray booth in one part and a clean room to add the velvet and lace into the Heavenly Hutches in another area.
They are small, light easy to post anywhere in the world. And I can sell hundreds at a time rather than a number of hutches per week with a lot less effort.
I understand that people are in need of large decent hutches but there are other hutch builders on here that I'm sure will be happy for the extra work.
With the introduction this week of the Tiny Heavenly Hutches for pet ashes I will be even busier.

So I hope it makes a bit more sense now?

Look at it this way, when I place a timber order for hutches it cost me on average £5000 and they are huge heavy items that are extremely hard to post or deliver. I've been lucky because as I made them they went straight out otherwise they would take up a lot of room in the workshop.
When I place an order for timber for Heavenly hutches so far it costs me around £1000 a time so saves me £4000
I have also taken on another workshop where we are building a spray booth in one part and a clean room to add the velvet and lace into the Heavenly Hutches in another area.
They are small, light easy to post anywhere in the world. And I can sell hundreds at a time rather than a number of hutches per week with a lot less effort.
I understand that people are in need of large decent hutches but there are other hutch builders on here that I'm sure will be happy for the extra work.
With the introduction this week of the Tiny Heavenly Hutches for pet ashes I will be even busier.

So I hope it makes a bit more sense now?

I didn't mean to sound like I was questioning you.

I can't even begin to understand how much work you were putting into your hutches, especially as you were trying to meet everyone's individual requests. It's common sense that decent hutches cost money to build, so sticking to a cheaper product obviously makes sense.

I didn't mean to sound like I was questioning you.

I can't even begin to understand how much work you were putting into your hutches, especially as you were trying to meet everyone's individual requests. It's common sense that decent hutches cost money to build, so sticking to a cheaper product obviously makes sense.

Oh Tash no I'm sorry i was just pointing out a few things as to why it makes more business sense to me to do what i'm doing.
Heres a quick shot of the Tiny Heavenly Hutches next to a standard burial one at home on the table, Sorry its poor quality but just shows a size comparison. I have not added the door logo badges as yet. Hope you like them.
[
Sealed bottom

Last edited:
Oh Tash no I'm sorry i was just pointing out a few things as to why it makes more business sense to me to do what i'm doing.
Heres a quick shot of the Tiny Heavenly Hutches next to a standard burial one at home on the table, Sorry its poor quality but just shows a size comparison. I have not added the door logo badges as yet. Hope you like them.
[

Oh ok, was just checking :)
I understand the world of business (dad and brother are both self employed so I hear about it a lot :roll: ) so I completely get it!
I've seen the progress of them on Instagram :lol: :D I think they're a great idea :thumb:

One question though...
How long does it take from ordering one to it being delivered?

Back