• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smartie...

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
Cannot believe it, just been to check on the buns and Smartie is gone to, that's 2 rabbits in 1 day :cry::cry::cry::cry:

i'll come back and edit this properly in the AM :cry:

Oh no I am so so sorry :cry: that is horrendous :cry:

Massive hugs to you.

Binky free Smartie xxx

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry :cry::cry::cry:
Binky free Smartie :cry:
(((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))) hun, I am gutted for you. How terribly sad. :(

I am really sorry :cry:

I think taking your remaining Rabbits to the Vet for a check up today is pretty essential. Coccidiosis is one possible cause of the two tragic losses and this would put all in contact Rabbits at risk :cry: So a PM of poor wee Smartie is pretty essential too.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...sis-All-Rabbit-Owners-Should-be-Aware-of-This

In the meantime I'd do a thorough clean of the environment, removing every microscopic trace of fecal matter. Then a thorough total disinfection of the entire accommodation followed by a steam clean. You may need to house the remaining Rabbits elsewhere while everything dries out.

I really am so very sorry :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
I am really sorry :cry:

I think taking your remaining Rabbits to the Vet for a check up today is pretty essential. Coccidiosis is one possible cause of the two tragic losses and this would put all in contact Rabbits at risk :cry: So a PM of poor wee Smartie is pretty essential too.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...sis-All-Rabbit-Owners-Should-be-Aware-of-This

In the meantime I'd do a thorough clean of the environment, removing every microscopic trace of fecal matter. Then a thorough total disinfection of the entire accommodation followed by a steam clean. You may need to house the remaining Rabbits elsewhere while everything dries out.

I really am so very sorry :cry: :cry:

they weren't living together I'm sure it's totally separate causes, Crunchie was old and had constant abscesses for the last few months that were drained and cleaned every time etc He was also loosing his ability to hop much etc

Smartie had facial paralysis from an inner ear infection, and was only able to eat liquids at the end :( I was seriously thinking of taking him to the vets this week to be PTS as it was getting to that point :(

Back