• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sick Pumpkin :(

Oh no :( I am so so so sorry :(

Don't blame yourself, if he had spurs then he needed a dental, there really wasn't any other decision you could have made xxx

Binky free Pumpkin xxx

I am so, so sorry. I lost my bunny Timmy under similar circumstances, my heart goes out to you, Pippin and beautiful Pumpkin xxx

I'm so sorry sweetheart, please don't blame yourself. Pumpkin was in the best hands with you, he must have had other underlying issues. :(

I went cold whenI read your post - I am so sorry you lost your lovely Pumpkin.

Did they give you any ideas as to why he passed away?
I lost my Bramble 2 dyas after a dental but all connected with the sedation. I still regret putting him through it, I also regret syringe feeding him when there was obviously more going on inside his little body than I knew. I hate the fact that his last time with me was me syringing him with him struggling. BUT..... all those things were done because I felt them to be the right thing for him. They were all done with love and hope. Please tell yourself this too. You would never have intentionally hurt Pumpkin and as others have said if he had spurs there was no alternative.
Is he a lone bunny or has he still got Pippin? I hope you are all coping as best as you can. Take care xx

:cry: I am so very sorry. As others have said, it sounds like something else was going on and you did everything possible.

Sleep tight Pumpkin x

I went cold whenI read your post - I am so sorry you lost your lovely Pumpkin.

Did they give you any ideas as to why he passed away?
I lost my Bramble 2 dyas after a dental but all connected with the sedation. I still regret putting him through it, I also regret syringe feeding him when there was obviously more going on inside his little body than I knew. I hate the fact that his last time with me was me syringing him with him struggling. BUT..... all those things were done because I felt them to be the right thing for him. They were all done with love and hope. Please tell yourself this too. You would never have intentionally hurt Pumpkin and as others have said if he had spurs there was no alternative.
Is he a lone bunny or has he still got Pippin? I hope you are all coping as best as you can. Take care xx

They said it must have been an underlying cause. I am sending him for post-mortem at the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons tomorrow, I will drive myself insane otherwise. Even if they don't find anything, it will put my mind at rest.

Pumpkin was bonded with Pippin, at the moment Pippin is coping well.

Oh no...:cry: I'm so very very sorry to see this! :cry:
My heart goes out to you and Pippin. You did all you could do to help Pumpkin, and he was so obviously dearly loved. :cry:

I'm thinking of you and sending hugs. Binky free, sweet bun. xxxx

God how horrible. :'( I had a similar thing happen with my bun. She kept having "episodes" of urinating and weight loss, she also stopped eating after getting tiny, tiny spurs on her teeth. She got a UTI and not long after needed a dental...she never woke up. :cry: :cry: I hate myself for it, but I know she needed the dental. I know that she probably had something going on with her kidneys, but I had such a bad feeling the morning I left her at the vets. Wish I had gone with my guts. I honestly think you were in a catch 22 there. I would have had the dental done too. Please don't beat yourself up about it, it doesn't get you anywhere and makes you feel a whole lot worse. *Big hugs*

Sending vibes for Pippin, I hope she is still coping well. x

Back