• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Territorial bunny - Poddington Pea U/D back to square one..

Ok so I didn't have time to do it yesterday so at this very minute I'm sat on the bathroom floor with a little bunny running around me and climbing all over me :love:

There's no grunting, lunging, stomping feet or anything.. If I move my hand towards him he'll run away like so I'm taking it a step back again just sitting still :)

Oh I'm also singing to him to try get him used to my voice.. So I'm even more surprised he hasn't bit me yet :lol:

He probably won't bite you now he's out of his cage that's like his territory a lot of bunnys don't like hands going into their little cosy spot so to speak :):love:

You could also try hand feeding him little treats bits of one anyway while he's running around you that way he will no you are not gunna hurt him and he will become more trusting with you :)

Maybe he enjoys your singing and from now on you will have yo sing to keep him calm, even at the vets ;)
He is such a cutie, I hope it is just a matter of settling down and getting used yo you

Maybe he's popped his ear plugs in:D

Ah that is such good news. Sounds like you can have bonding time outside his pen. Have you got any treats for him to eat out of your hand or you can put on the floor and put your hand open near it? I was told that you have to get rabbits to associate your hands with nice things rather than picking up, so maybe Pod thinks that's what you are going to do. Or maybe pop a pellet on your lap and when he jumps up give a little stroke;)

He's obviously not frightened as you're being used as a climbing frame.

Yeah I've been giving him treats out my hand an he's taking them fine, he just runs to other side of the room to eat them :lol:

I think it's more of a case of putting earplugs in than liking my singing like :lol:

He's now binkying around the room like a lunatic, he's still not sure about being stroked but will tolerate it a little bit :D when I put him back in his pen won't he just revert back to being territorial though?

I guess he probably will but maybe in time he will know you aren't a threat. I've never had issues with anything like that but once you have him eating out of your hand then hopefully you can try it in the pen.

I'm pleased you're getting some quality time with him though.

Well I've popped him back in his pen and he's like a completely different bunny! I'm amazed :lol:

I sat in with him for a little bit, then sorted out the lid, no grunting, lunging or anything even when I was walking round in it. He just came up for a nosey then hopped away :D

Fingers crossed this is the first step in him trusting me!!

wow that is a big improvement really quickly. I'd want to pick him up and squeeze him, he's so cute.

There again I don't pick Doughnut up as she hates it!

Fab news u keep up the good behaviour little pod nobody is gunna hurt ya little fella :love::love: how is he today suzyjo :love:

wow that is a big improvement really quickly. I'd want to pick him up and squeeze him, he's so cute.

There again I don't pick Doughnut up as she hates it!

Haha I know but he's still a bit nervy if I go to stroke him so I'm not pushing my luck

Fab news u keep up the good behaviour little pod nobody is gunna hurt ya little fella :love::love: how is he today suzyjo :love:

He's good, he's clawed at my hand once but I was putting his food in so that could maybe be the reason..

Other than that he just comes dashing up but just sniffs my hand so he's defiantly still improving :D :love:

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.. :( :(

Oh no is Pod being a bossy pants again? Hope you have not changed your song :lol:

Seriously though since I last caught up with your thread it sounds like you have made amazing progress :thumb:
Hang in there its always two steps forward and three steps backwards with bossy bunsters. :roll:

I hope so.. He was fine with things up until last night where he just went back to the usual attacking my hand and grunting :(

It's just stressing me out :(

Are you wearing gloves or bare handed ? Fluff bites and pulls my clothing so now ensure I have long slippers on and thick jeans and when he attaches and pulls just say yes I know you are there detach him stroke and show him a toy or extra love.

The new girl could not be more diffent loves head strokes, not trusting enough yet for cuddles but I know she likes them as have seen at the vets . She has not Crome out of her shell yet hardly explored the kitchen and sits behind her cage when we let her out.

Are you wearing gloves or bare handed ? Fluff bites and pulls my clothing so now ensure I have long slippers on and thick jeans and when he attaches and pulls just say yes I know you are there detach him stroke and show him a toy or extra love.

The new girl could not be more diffent loves head strokes, not trusting enough yet for cuddles but I know she likes them as have seen at the vets . She has not Crome out of her shell yet hardly explored the kitchen and sits behind her cage when we let her out.

I'm wearing a glove.. my hand would be ripped to shreds with huge chunks out if I didn't :lol:

He just won't let me anywhere near him.. If I go to stroke him he just attacks..

I just don't think he's happy here.. :(

I'm getting slightly worried aswell because he's hardly eating now, I think me being near him is stressing him out :?

Back