• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The hutch I won is set up ! *pic heavy*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks very snazzy :) But am afraid I agree with others about the size :( May I ask what the size of the actual enclosed bit is?

My run is normally covered but in particulary wet days the ground still gets wet.

BTW I loooove the colour of it :love:

I am sorry it doesnt meet 'your' standards. I wanted to just post this thread to show how happy I am and pleaseed with the product. But as per usual everyone is so negative. I am really upset now, thanks.

Hi, we would just like to point out that as sponsors of this competition we were bound to follow the winning design as closely as possible. We have a 3 sided canvas cover that would fit around the sides of the run part to make it an enclosed space if Charlotte would like that. Also, I hope you took the runaround burrow pipe with you, Charlotte, so you can make further connections to any run or hutch you already own?

Far too small.

Sorry but I think this is a bit rude, its your opinion but do you have to put it so bluntly :? Charlotte is happy with this hutch. They have a run it can be attached to and can also go free range on her patio. It's 6x3 which is over the reccomended hutch size, and they're not going to be shut in the bedroom bit. Even when its raining I open my rabbits hutch doors so they can go out if they want to and they never stay in to be 'dry'

Seeing this hutch in person I can also say the photo's do seem to make it look smaller than it is.

Last edited:
Hi, we would just like to point out that as sponsors of this competition we were bound to follow the winning design as closely as possible. We have a 3 sided canvas cover that would fit around the sides of the run part to make it an enclosed space if Charlotte would like that. Also, I hope you took the runaround burrow pipe with you, Charlotte, so you can make further connections to any run or hutch you already own?

thanks, yes I am already having a look at your site to see what stuff I can add on thanks. I am really pleased with it thanks so much :D

Hi Charlotte, I think it's amazing that you designed that, and I can't imagine what it must feel like to finally see it in real life!!

Look forward to seeing it with all its extensions too :)

Sorry but I think this is a bit rude, its your opinion but do you have to put it so bluntly :? Charlotte is happy with this hutch, and I believe(?) it's bigger than the ones the rabbits were previously in. They have a run it can be attached to and can also go free range on her patio. It's 6x3 which is over the reccomended hutch size, and they're not going to be shut in the bedroom bit. Even when its raining I open my rabbits hutch doors so they can go out if they want to and they never stay in to be 'dry'

Seeing this hutch in person I can also say the photo's do seem to make it look smaller than it is.

No it's not!! It's a 3x3ft hutch and a 3x3ft run. I hate to think what they were in previously if it's bigger.

THIS is a 6ft hutch. Three of its sides are covered and there is a raised floor.
The hutch idea was a good idea, but only if it had been made far bigger.

Overall, it is too small for them to be in forever, but as I recall from another thread her bunnies go in their seperate run everyday so they will still have run time. She has said she is going to attatch and run to it and this is only going to be temporary. I can see she is only trying to do what is best for her bunnies and if that means them waiting a week or so to have even larger accomadation thats what I would do too.

It looks great, I bet they love it!:D:love:

Even if that is the case, I'm afraid it's pretty obvoius that when it rains, floors get wet, because water drains, runs and moves about on surfaces. I'm really sorry, I want to like it and I'm really pleased for you, but ultimately it simply doesn't have enough properly, fully sheltered space to be a comfortable all-year-round hutch, IMO. :(

I can see where you are coming from Santa, so maybe try and give her some advice on how to improve it. She's said she's attatching a run soon, so thats the space issue sorted. With the 'not enough cover from the elemetns' issue, maybe Charlotte could make it more sheltered, by buying a sheet of wood to put on the sides so its prtected from 3 directions, or some opening blinds things (like BlackberryandCo has on her aviary) or even just some plastic sheets or tarpaulin while she gets something else sorted out. She could also add a piece of wood around the edge at the bottom and some plastic to stop the water running in.
It's pointless just pointing out all the bad things without giving advice on how to improve it, if you just say its bad, what can she do, just say oh well you don't like it but I do, if you say I don't like it as it is but if you did this this and this it would be great, then she may actually take those things into consideration and change things, which would mean she is learning and her bunnies are benefiting, while you can be happy that you helped someone and their buns.:)

Woah first of all look at that dewlap..mahooosive! :lol: Is Penny neutered hun?

I too apologies, but the actual inner hutch section seems far too small for even one bun :(, sorry.

Looks good as a hide away though :wave: xx

No it's not!! It's a 3x3ft hutch and a 3x3ft run. I hate to think what they were in previously if it's bigger.
THIS is a 6ft hutch. Three of its sides are covered and there is a raised floor.

They were kept in a double hutch. And after joining RU i realised they needed more space so sorry that I took on RU advice to move them into a bigger a hutch

I can see where you are coming from Santa, so maybe try and give her some advice on how to improve it...It's pointless just pointing out all the bad things without giving advice on how to improve it, if you just say its bad, what can she do, just say oh well you don't like it but I do, if you say I don't like it as it is but if you did this this and this it would be great, then she may actually take those things into consideration and change things,

Erm...if you read my first post (no.14) fully, you'll see that I did :?

I'm afraid I do think that to be a practical, decent sized all-weather hutch, the open part needs a floor and sides/back added.

They were kept in a double hutch. And after joining RU i realised they needed more space so sorry that I took on RU advice to move them into a bigger a hutch

What size is their old hutch hun? Can you somehow attach it to this set up as the way its designed doesn't give them much space to move freely.

Sorry but I think this is a bit rude, its your opinion but do you have to put it so bluntly :? Charlotte is happy with this hutch, and I believe(?) it's bigger than the ones the rabbits were previously in. They have a run it can be attached to and can also go free range on her patio. It's 6x3 which is over the reccomended hutch size, and they're not going to be shut in the bedroom bit. Even when its raining I open my rabbits hutch doors so they can go out if they want to and they never stay in to be 'dry'

i agree with you Demi i think its brilliant and runaround have done a great job in making it the pictures do make it look smaller than it is
its just a shame people have made Charlotte upset with their negative comments, why cant people just be nice for once
Congratulations Charlotte and you should be proud of your self you have already said your adding to it etc and if i was you just ignore the people who are just been negative about everything ;)

i agree with you Demi i think its brilliant and runaround have done a great job in making it the pictures do make it look smaller than it is
its just a shame people have made Charlotte upset with their negative comments, why cant people just be nice for once
Congratulations Charlotte and you should be proud of your self you have already said your adding to it etc and if i was you just ignore the people who are just been negative about everything ;)

People arent being nasty they are just giving advice.

She has said she will be attatching a run, which means a 6x3ft hutch with a big run will meet the minimum recomendations.
That is a type of 6ft hutch, not all hutches are raised off the ground, you get hutches with runs underneath that are on to the ground.
If you read what the runaround person said, they said that there are things to cover up the sides. Again, all people are doing are picking out the bad things without giving any advice at all. It would be much more polite if you said, I don't think it is suitable because it is not large enough, you must attatch a run to make it meet the minimum size recomedations and you should try to cover up some of the sides so it has more protection from the elements.

Woah first of all look at that dewlap..mahooosive! :lol: Is Penny neutered hun?

I thought that it was massive too :lol: Beano's is also very large and she is spayed, I was having a look round the RSPCA website and on the happy ending pages I saw Penny and Russel! If she came from the RSPCA I would've thought she is spayed? xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back