• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Much For Your VHD Jabs?

i have Mixi and VDH done at the same time it is £30 for them both. £20 singly i think as i pay £20 for one bunny and £30 for the other each time i go as their vaccinations are staggered as i got them at different times.
I may have misinterpreted this but your vet should be making you wait 2 weeks between the myxi and VHD jabs.

£16 something. My old vets was £20 for one and £19 for the other - can't remember which was which. At the new one they get a really good checkup.

wow

wow thats such good value it have been quoted between £28- £35 for each jab!!! I still need to get Smudge done, i think i will do it next week, its ridiculous how expensive it all is sometimes. :shock:

£12.50, that is with a big discount. Includes a thorough health check, and if needed, they will cut nails at the same time for no extra charge. I think without the discount, it is £19 ish

Myxi jabs are £12.50 without health check, £19 with, so I go for the cheaper option, as they receive the health check when they get the VHD jab, I use Lapinject and pay £11 per bunny regardless of whether it's five or one, I usually have several to take at once but occasionally just the one, so think it's great that they charge the same price.

Following on from this i started a thread....:)roll::lol::lol:) i rang my vets and asked for the new price as it has just gone up and asked if they are willing to give me a discount as my old vets have quoted cheaper and with a discount. I have to wait til next week to find out as the manager is on leave. I then rang my friends vets who said no discount for multiple buns as they are cheap and know it :)
So my six,myxi and vhd....

Current vets - £227
Old vets - £156
Friends vets - £142
The reason i started my thread was to ask if anyone uses more than one vet as i don't want to change for treatment for the buns but with nearly £100 difference for the vaccs i wouldn't mind saving some money somewhere!

I can't believe the variation in prices.....and as GrahamL said earlier - perhaps we should start 'comparethevaccine.com' :):):)

Following on from this i started a thread....:)roll::lol::lol:) i rang my vets and asked for the new price as it has just gone up and asked if they are willing to give me a discount as my old vets have quoted cheaper and with a discount. I have to wait til next week to find out as the manager is on leave. I then rang my friends vets who said no discount for multiple buns as they are cheap and know it :)

Current vets - £227
Old vets - £156
Friends vets - £142
The reason i started my thread was to ask if anyone uses more than one vet as i don't want to change for treatment for the buns but with nearly £100 difference for the vaccs i wouldn't mind saving some money somewhere!

I can't believe the variation in prices.....and as GrahamL said earlier - perhaps we should start 'comparethevaccine.com' :):):)

I like to get mine done at the new vets and would even if they put their prices up because mine get a good thorough checkover. I'd rather a bunny savvy vet do it and pay extra.

Charlies vaccs are £20 each. Bet they've gone up again this year :( When he first had them as a youngster they were only £15 each

not sure as im on healthy pet club, pay a fixed amount every month and soo get vaccinations free, it works out cheaper for me that way

Sorry not sure how to post a quote but battlekat yes they stagger them I just pay together so get the discount :)

Current vets - £227
Old vets - £156
Friends vets - £142

Which vets was the cheapest then Claire? is it Clair H's vet ya mean? which one is it?

My rubbish old vets were £25 each vaccination, new good vets are £16ish each....

Its a win win situation for me.

:D

My old vets would very rarely check everything. They never ever looked at the back teeth. Sometimes they'd check weight, sometimes they'd check ears and eyes, sometimes they'd check front teeth, sometimes lungs and heart.

New vet does all those every time and more and for less.

Just booked Bramble in for his VHD injection next week. The nurse said I was probably advised not to have it because there have been no cases locally.......how would they know that though?

I spoke to another vets and they said the injection should be given annually as a booster, so I'll be getting it done every year from now on. Would rather have the peace of mind that Brams is protected.

After all that, I forgot to ask how much it was! :lol:

Just booked Bramble in for his VHD injection next week. The nurse said I was probably advised not to have it because there have been no cases locally.......how would they know that though?

I spoke to another vets and they said the injection should be given annually as a booster, so I'll be getting it done every year from now on. Would rather have the peace of mind that Brams is protected.

Naughty nurse! They wouldn't necessarily know if there had been any local cases, as VHD deaths will go unreported unless there had been post mortem.

Good for you :)

:? I don't get it, what are you saying here Clare? Didn't you say earlier you got a multipet discount from your vet on another thread about vaccines? If your main vet is advising you that your rabbit doesn't need it, then is it wise to have it done? I'm not trying to scare you but, I believe the VHD vaccine does carry risks particularly older buns - how old is Bram? This is why I am having a dilemma atm with vac's - see my thread about asking for Lapinject instead of Cylap, I'm not sure it's wise to hop between vets for treatment, actually any good vet shouldn't do any treatment without the agreement of your current vet either:?

Back