• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fifi & Mitzi are being speyed today - U/D p21 OMG I am stunned!!! They're home p32

Omg!!!!

Thank you everyone for the vibes for Fifi & Mitzi :)

They are both coming round at the moment but I am gobsmacked to say the least with what I have just found out!!!!

We have found out that Mitzi is not a girl but a boy!! :shock: When they came to do the op, it appears that he had either been done already or got retained testicles! :shock: They have checked to make sure that there are definititely no retained testicles & definitely no girly bits - so we have to assume he'd already been castrated. So now Mitzi needs a new name! :oops:

On top of that sadly they found that Fifi had uterine cancer :cry: They are confident they have got everything out, but as we know we have no way of knowing if it has already spread :cry: I guess we just need to monitor her very carefully & see what happens. She was very well in herself before the op - eating & pooing fine, so I'm praying that by her being speyed we might just be lucky.

I'm collecting them at 4.30pm & can't wait to get them home so they can start to recover.

I suppose it just goes to show you can't trust people to tell you the complete truth when they hand bunnies to rescues! :?

Now what do we call Mitzi? :shock:

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the vibes for Fifi & Mitzi :)

They are both coming round at the moment but I am gobsmacked to say the least with what I have just found out!!!!

We have found out that Mitzi is not a girl but a boy!! :shock: When they came to do the op, it appears that he had either been done already or got retained testicles! :shock: They have checked to make sure that there are definititely no retained testicles & definitely no girly bits - so we have to assume he'd already been castrated. So now Mitzi needs a new name! :oops:

On top of that sadly they found that Fifi had uterine cancer :cry: They are confident they have got everything out, but as we know we have no way of knowing if it has already spread :cry: I guess we just need to monitor her very carefully & see what happens. She was very well in herself before the op - eating & pooing fine, so I'm praying that by her being speyed we might just be lucky.

I'm collecting them at 4.30pm & can't wait to get them home so they can start to recover.

Now what do we call Mitzi? :shock:

These two bunnies are full of suprises!!! Hopefully Fifi will be ok, lucky for her that you decided to go ahead with the op.

Hope they both feel better soon.:)

How about Mitch?

:shock::shock:I couldn't believe it when you told me:shock:

Poor Fifi I hope she will be okay, I told you they came to you for a reason :D - who knows where they would have ended up, and she might not have got the treatment she needed, sending lots of vibes for (I was going to say the girls):oops: them both:love:

:shock::shock:I couldn't believe it when you told me:shock:

Poor Fifi I hope she will be okay, I told you they came to you for a reason :D - who knows where they would have ended up, and she might not have got the treatment she needed, sending lots of vibes for (I was going to say the girls):oops: them both:love:

You couldn't believe it Sue, I went silent on the phone to the vets I was that stunned! :shock: It's not known for me to be lost for words! :oops::lol:

I just pray that sweet little Fifi will be ok :cry: I am just so relieved I decided to go ahead with speying her - I just hope that it's been contained & not spread. I want her to enjoy several more years with us :love:

Thanks for the suggestions for Mitzi's new name, I'm thinking either Percy or Freddie for Mitzi now :?

That said please keep the suggestions coming, as I still don't know :oops:

You couldn't believe it Sue, I went silent on the phone to the vets I was that stunned! :shock: It's not known for me to be lost for words! :oops::lol:

I just pray that sweet little Fifi will be ok :cry: I am just so relieved I decided to go ahead with speying her - I just hope that it's been contained & not spread. I want her to enjoy several more years with us :love:

Thanks for the suggestions for Mitzi's new name, I'm thinking either Percy or Freddie for Mitzi now :?

That said please keep the suggestions coming, as I still don't know :oops:

Now that I don't believe:lol::lol:

I think you should call him Milo!!!!

I can't believe it!

Poor Fifi, I hope she'll be okay now, how timely to have had the op today...

Wow, what a surprise!

Hope Fifi has had the cancer caught early - good job you were having her spayed or you wouldn't have known.

As for Mitzi......how about Mikki?

Well Fifi & 'Mitzi' are now home - bless them they both look very sorry for themselves & a wee bit sleepy. Have settled them with lots of different foods to tempt their little taste buds - so hoping they'll start to eat when they feel less drowsy.

Fifi looks like she's halved in size due to her new furcut! :shock: She looks so diddy now. Mind you having seen what they removed from her today, she probably is lighter anyway! :shock: Jane can't understand why she'd not started to be really poorly or not eating etc - basically her womb had filled with fluid & her uterus had cancer in it :cry: Hopefully now it's all out, she'll feel better & fingers crossed it's not spread - our poor baby :cry:

Thank you everyone for your suggestion for Mitzi's new name - we've decided he is now going to be called Rufus :love:

Just need them eating & pooping now.

Glad they're ok. Can we have some pics when thay are up to it???:)

Thanks Suzanne - yep promise you some new pics when they feel a bit better :) They're just tucking into some dandelions & grass at the moment - I'll try later.

Rufus doesn't look a great deal different with his new furcut - it's just a lot thinner & a lot shorter all round his tum & bottom for cleaning.

Fifi though looks like she's shrunk in the wash! :shock: She's still got her fur on her face but no skirt or tufty bits now on her back or chest. She's a funny little fluffster :love:

Thank you :) it was a shock, I keep looking at Rufus thinking he's too pretty to be a boy! :shock: :oops:

:lol::lol::lol: If it makes you feel any better, I have a gorgeous white fantail dove here that is a girl. Her name is........................... Alan! :lol:

Glad both bunnies made it through their ops and hope Fifi will be ok. :wave:

Back