• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Update #200. ***URGENT*** Rabbit fight. Lots of blood. Photos.

My poor boys still bleeding. This happened over an hour ago. I wish I could just drive. My lifts still not here yet and I'm going mad because there is physically nothing I can do.

I've put fresh fleece underneath him and a large sock full of rice (thanks for that idea) then covered him with a towel. I wish I could just make this all better.

Ok, what you need to do is, if he finds comfort with you, then sit with him and talk to him, but ensure you are calm.

Go away from him, take some time to calm down, some deep breaths. If you are stressed it doesn't help him, or you, so the calmer you are the better. He will pick up on your stress and obviously he needs to be completely calm and not stressed.

I don't think me being with him will help but I don't really know. I'd rather not risk it so I've just left him, as hard as it is.

I wish my lift would come! I'm going to try and distract myself but I'll keep you updated as soon as I get back.

Ok, distractions are good. Make sure you have got everything you need with you ready to take, so that you can leave straight away.

I'm guessing this could be too late but where abouts in Manchester are you?? I'm in Manchester too, I could give you a lift if you're close by. Hope everythings ok.

Oh my gosh. I just read through. I do hope your lift has arrived and you've managed to get to the vets. Sending tons of vibes for your bunny x

Hello,

Just been reading about your bunny, hope your bunny is doing okay please up date us when you can.

vibes for your bunny xx

Update ... with some ... annoying news?

Just got back now ... Leo-less. First of all turns out that the person I got him from lied to me about him being neutered. I feel like I should have noticed but obviously I didn't. Plus the fact that he's so fluffy, I've never seen or even felt his *ahem* bits.

Archie has basically done the job and performed a 1/4 of a neutering :shock:.

The vet said it was lucky we got him in because he's lost a lot of blood. He's got to stay in over night and go onto a drip. There's apparently a possible issue of a blood clot which they're going to have to look into as well and then when he's in a better state he's going to get neutered.

I'm furious that I was lied to and have already tried to contact the guy I got him from but the mobile number is turned off. Brilliant.

The vibe I got from the vets is that it's all going to be okay ... fingers crossed.

I miss my little man already :(

Oh my god! :shock: Well done so so much for getting him there.
Poor poor bunny. But he's in the best place there and it sounds like he'll be ok.
What an awful experience for you :(

I'm so, so glad you found a way to get him there. He is so lucky to have you.

I'm sorry you were lied to. I hope the guy will contribute to some of the costs, although doubt he will. I guess maybe its a learning curve.

More importantly than all that I hope Leo is ok and the vet can help him recover from this.

Just read this. Poor, poor bunny. I hope he is ok. It must have been such a terrible shock for you. Well done for getting him to the vet!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so glad that your bunny is safe at the vets. You have been a wonderful mum for your little man.:D

Oh poor you and poor bun!!! Glad he's at vets now and in the best place to be sorted. Can't believe somebody lied to you like that, doesn't he realise the implications - AAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shock:
Sending you both my best wishes, please keep us updated.

Well done for acting so quickly.
So pleased your little man is going to be ok:love:
Can,t believe the guy said he was neutered:evil::evil::censored::censored:

certainly nab the bloke and forward the vet bill to him, if you can,

you see this is where people who sell privately should let you know the vet they got there animal vax, neutered etc,

Back