• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can we have a first bunny thread

Lillian

Warren Veteran
My first bunny was stanley, he was like a best friend to me. I miss you Stan :cry:
He looks abit messy in these pics, the were taken a few months before he died and he was quite old by then

Stan_in_shed.jpg

Stanley.jpg

Stanny.jpg

I sadly have no photos of my first bun.:cry: But he was a New Zealand White named Fluffy that I was given by my uncle about 36 years ago when I was 11 years old. I had him for several years, and then we moved house and my parents took him away and gave him to someone else because they didn't want to take him with us. I was TOTALLY gutted, and didn't speak to either of them for about a week.:cry: :cry: :cry: They tried to make it up to me by going out and buying me a hamster.:roll:

This is Peppermint ( grey nethie cross) with his bun wife Ezzie.:D I have him to blame for making me bunny mad I'm afraid.:lol: He is such a special bun, I love him to bits!
DSCI0434.jpg

Fluff - I pestered my parents about a litter we were looking after in school when I was 6. 12 years later we finally had to put him to sleep because of a benign stomach tumour which meant he didnt have any quality of life. I've wanted rabbits ever since, and finally been able to get Hazel & Acorn last month.
Fluff.jpg

My first bun was Bob. I must have seen 100 other buns but picked him because he had no ears and I thought no one else would want him. Only had him three months but I loved him so much, we had such a close bond. He went through so much (he had to have operations and treatment for his ears) but was always so brave and friendly no matter what. Miss him :( xxx

CIMG1528.jpg

Last edited:
My first bun, is also from my school's first litter:D
We were so desperate about getting baby rabbits, but then Hermine (a lop dwarf) killed her first litter and we were a bit downhearted, my friend brought her lop dwarf, Litjpia, (Little girl) who had become a mother 2-3 times already, so we decided to try breeding her.
The result was Zakura, my first bun:D which I still have. She's 2.5 years old and I've learned lots about breeding crossbreeds since then (meaning: don't do it. One of her brother ended up being put to sleep because no one wanted him)
Zakurahjemmeinyttbur.jpg

Here's the first pic I took of her in my home. 7 weeks old.
Zakuraibnd.jpg

This picture was actually taken a bit earlier, in school. Although I later learned 7 weeks is a bit too son to start harness practising.:roll:
Zakura2.jpg

2 weeks. I probably wasn't the best photografer back then:roll: So I don't have many good pictures of her as a baby.
Zakura6uker.jpg

6 weeks
ZakuraNicolineogLittleWarrior.jpg

With her brother and sister, I think they were about 4-5 weeks back then.

My first bunnies were Thumper and Bouncer

Please excuse the poor picture quality, these were taken in 1991, and the lovely boy bun was the very special Bouncer :D

img020.jpg

bouncer.jpg

Bouncer and Tibby (Both at the bridge)

img018-1.jpg

And Bouncers lovely wifey, Thumper :D

thumper.jpg

Like you March Hare I don't have any pictures of my first buns who were called Toffee and Snowflake :cry: Toffee was a gorgeous bun and really tame if he was hopping round the garden and had had enough he would hop straight back into his hutch he was such a darling :D I was really upset when he died I had gone out to feed him one morning and his neck was like pinned back so we took him in the house tried to warm him cried and prayed but he slipped away I can remember running upstairs and sobbing. I was glad in a way that he had held on through the night I don't know what time in the night it had happened nor if he had been in any pain but he had held on until morning so I could see him and hold him one last time :cry:

Esther x

aw :( i dont have any pics of my second bun Primrose, we only had her a few days then she died.

Some stunning buns you guys have :D

My first bunny is my 'mini' lop Raffles, also my siggie! He will be 7 years old next month, poor thing does look a little raggy at the moment, as he is coming out of a heavy moult, he has just been diagnosed with ear-mites and is on a course of baytril for an eye infection!! But here is my ickle boy!!:D
freerangeraff158.07002.jpg

freerangeraff158.07004.jpg

freerangeraff158.07005.jpg

freerangeraff158.07011.jpg

freerangeraff158.07007.jpg

Beatrice was one of a group of three Bunnies. The first I ever had. All three were an impulse buy from our favorite large chain of Pet Shops back in 1998.
I know better now but I certainly do not regret buying Bea and her sisters Eleanor and Megan. My scanner doesn't work so I cant post a pic of all three. I did not have a Digi-Camera back then

Scan10003.jpg

Bea was my Jack's Mummy

Janex

Edit- Just found this pic of Ellie (Eleanor) on my 'puter

Scan10004.jpg

Last edited:
My first bunny was called Tod, he was my little man, we had a really close bond, I used to walk him round with him in his harness. I miss him greatly i then went on to have five more bunnies he died around the same time his babies with my other bunny were born so i did have some tie till him, I also had his brother called tiny as well although it was a diffrent litter. After Tod died my bond with Tiny grew so much more,

Posted this the other day in the agouti thread, so apologies if you've already seen it :oops:

Cheeky was my first rabbit - she was with us from 1974 (when I was 6) until 1980. She's probably responsible for my love of buns now :D We didn't know so much about bunnies back then ;) but she had a good life and a huge hutch and run which my brother and dad made her :D

cheekybunny.jpg

Back