• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding q

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Right, sorry if this has been mentioned before and i missed the answer. Im not sure the best way to go about this. Im considering getting Lilly a boy to play with when she has been spayed (not for ages yet) and i was wondering, how easy will it be to bond her at 6 months? its just she lives with her sister Marsha and I have plans to do the same, or is there no need in seperating them?

Im clueless as to whether i should go for more buns or not. we have the space now and out shed conv is almost complete which would mean we'd have a massive hutch and run spare. xxx

If the 2 girls are happy together then leave them together. It's recommended you spay after 9 months old, as hormones are important for development of their bones, but they may well start fighting before that age - hard to say really so you will have to wait and see. If they are the same age and bonded you should take them to be spayed together so they stay bonded. As for getting more, you could bond a neutered boy (must be 8 weeks from his neuter if the girls aren't spayed as he'll still be fertile till then) in with the pair of them, depending on how easy going they all are - but it would need to be done in new territory or the girls will attack any newcomer.

Thanks for that elve. We are going to see what we want to do. Got to give it a big think. Even 1 more rab is alot more time and i spend alot with these two. xxx

Back