• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Advice please!!!! U/D could be Pneumonia =(

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
i have two problems with my rabbits tonight....

Crystal- is coughing violently, sneezing and theres a yellow discharge coming from her nose.

Honey- is going bald!!!!! she has no fur on her nose what so ever theres no injury on her nose just no fur :? i think it could be mite could be wrong though.....

Last edited:
Crystal needs to see a Vet TONIGHT as it sounds as though she has an upper respiratory tract infection

Are Honey and Crystal bonded? If so has Crystal been over-grooming Honey.
It does not sound like mites to me and as you need to get Crystal to the Vet you may aswell take Honey too

Good luck

Janex

ok rung my new vets and was asked if i could get to their vet practice in Blyth i dont know Blyth so rung a friend who lives there and hes in Rothbury for the weekend :shock: so i had to go to plan B and ring my old not so good vets they told me a vet would meet me at my local vets and i took Crystal down they examined her and gave me some Baytril :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: i feel so wee'd off now though because ive spent about £60 on an emergancy vet appointment and all i was given was Baytril :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: im going to ring my new vets tomorrow morning and go see them i know what crystal has will take moire then baytril :evil:

i dont know why but my old vets answer to everything is Baytril :shock:

:( Oh that's a shame - Your vet should take a swab of the snot and send it to a lab for analysis, to pinpoint which bacteria it is, and so which antibiotic's best - cost me about £30 but worth it as baytril's not brilliant for some infections - they prescribe it because it's easy on their stomachs.

got up this morning to see Crystal breathing out her mouth :shock: so i quickly rung my good vets and begged them to send a vet to their Ashington branch as it was an emergancy anyway a vet was called out to see me and i explained to her that Crystal has suffered with snuffles on and off since she was 9 months old ( on which has had treatment for) and she seems to think it could be Pneumonia (sp) :shock: :cry: anyways shes took Crystal to their Blyth branch since theres more vets threr and they can run tests etc. how serious can Pneumonia be? :? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: im really scared because i dont want Crystal to leave me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Back