• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hot Weather

Kristy

Young Bun
Only Me :wave: again :lol:

As you all know it is sooooo hot and although i have windows open its quite noisy too from the traffic.

Do you think it would be ok if i have a fan on near the cage so it moves the air around for Coco?

x

:wave: We put one on for Daisy.. She seemed to enjoy laying by it.. We also cooled Daisy down by dampening some kitchen towels and bathing her ears.. she must like it or would run off!

Hello again Kristy, lol, there is a fan which will attatch to the cage... in our case on the top... which takes batteries.. so no wires.

xx

Only Me :wave: again :lol:

As you all know it is sooooo hot and although i have windows open its quite noisy too from the traffic.

Do you think it would be ok if i have a fan on near the cage so it moves the air around for Coco?

x

Last years cooling arrangement for the buns 1x upright oscolating fan in front of hutches + 1 x 10ft x 10ft gazeebo (with sides for shade). :lol: :lol: For the humans = ZERO!!!!:lol: :lol: :shock:

I freeze coke bottles full of water and put them down covered in a towel :D

In the hot weather mine will lie against the bottle to cool down.

These guys do something called an ice pod which looks pretty cool, gonna order one soon I think.

I just bought a cage fan from Ebay that was recommended on here. I haven't tried it yet as it isn't THAT warm where I am but I will do. We also use our huge parasol over Otus's hutch, which shades him. And then move it over the run when he goes out, which is also under a tree. I will use the freezing of bottles trick too. I like that idea!

Back