• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need an alternative to water in a bowl

happybunny

Mama Doe
Hi,

I have discovered that 2 of my guinea pigs will not use a bowl of water when they are out playing. As soon as they are put back in thir hutch they go straight to the water bottle and drink for ages.

As they are loose in a bedroom I have no where to have a bottle from. Does anyone have this problem with buns or g pigs and how do they get around it?

Thanks

Can you tie it to a chair leg or similar? You can buy rolls of velcro type stuff in garden centres that would fix it securely. Though I suspect that if they get REALLY thirsty they will seek out water even if it's in a bowl:)

The room is entirely for the buns and guinea (seperatly) so the only "furnature" is their hutches. Other than that its boxes, tents, litter trays ect...

I like the idea and will have a think...

Thanks

Is there any way you could attach some chicken wire to something so you could put the water bottle on it as normal?

PAH have a suction cap water bottle that might attach to a shiny door. Ours is stuck on the washing machine (although you do have to watch out for big bottomed humans like me knocking it off)

I have thought about making somehting but I was hoping they may be something I could buy (my DIY skill are not great).

Thanks for the info on the suction pads, I will have a look...

The room is entirely for the buns and guinea (seperatly) so the only "furnature" is their hutches. Other than that its boxes, tents, litter trays ect..

if this is the case is it possible you could provide acess to there own water bottles in the hutch? i know mines don't drink from the bowls they just play with them

Back