• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor Bunny, outdoors???

RAYK47

Young Bun
Morning all

We have an indoor bunny who is going to have to spend two weeks outside (from tonight) as we are going on holiday and the mother in law cannot allow him indoors. I am a little bit worried as he is a bit of a poof and in the colder months used to spend a fair bit of time sitting next to the radiator.

The wifes parents have had rabbits in tha past so I spose I shouldnt really be worried, just wondered what advise I can give them thats all.

He has a hutch and a run there but at home he has a free run of both the house and the garden and is very used to that mount of space.

Thanks in advance.

Make sure the run and hutch is very secure and away from drafts and direct sunlight. If you have foxes in the area, I'd strongly recommend you keep him indoors as foxs have been know to break in or even scare a bun to death.
He should be fine though heat wise so long as he has plenty of hay.

Make sure the run and hutch is very secure and away from drafts and direct sunlight. If you have foxes in the area, I'd strongly recommend you keep him indoors as foxs have been know to break in or even scare a bun to death.
He should be fine though heat wise so long as he has plenty of hay.

Thanks Beebop

The missus is having a bit of a hard time leaving him as to be fair he is completely spoilt at home.

Back