• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe Microwave Pads

skewbald

Young Bun
Hiya,

I wondered if anyone had one of these? My buns will have to live outside when they arrive and I want to make sure they stay warm in the winter.

Would this be totally over the top? I was thinking of putting one in the bed area at night! :oops:

Obviously I'm going to get a couple of duvets to alternate and put over the hutch at night in the winter but I was thinking that this would make sure they stay snuggley.

What does everyone think? Too much? or just what they need?

http://www.snugglesafe.co.uk/bedtime.htm

Verity

Snugglesafes are a good item to have, however they are only really necessary on the extremely cold nights or if you have a sick or post operative bun.

You dont mention on your post on where you are living, with the weather we currently have in the UK it is not necessary to provide them with a snugglesafe provided they are covered up at night and given plenty of hay, particuarly if they have been kept indoors prior to their arrival with you.

I have two and I have to confess, I use them most nights, certainly until summer.

My rabbits seem to suffer quite often with GI Stasis at the moment and they are really useful. I pop mine under their duvet at night and they stay warm for about 10-12 hours.

Both of mine have them too, they have multiple bed areas in their hutch and shed so I just stick it in one of their beds! I don't use them on mild nights or in summer but our weather has been so cold at times, makes me feel better that they are snug! And both of them, like yours, have had a bout of bloat or stasis within last 6 months.

i've got one but only use it if its very cold_which has been about twice since november

so long as they have lots of hay to snuggle into and maybe a blanket over the front of the hutch to keep the wind and rain out they are usually toasty warm :lol:

I've only just stopped using mine :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Would hate to think my wee buns were sitting in their shed filled with straw and hay and vetbed and was still cold :lol:

*Off to look for thermals for rabbits*

Thanks for the input everyone. I think I will get one but perhaps only use it when it's really freezing.

Mind you, we haven't had any REALLY freezing weather here in Dorset this winter. Just freaky weather!!! lol.

Thanks again

Back