• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Overweight Rex girl..update a bad biter!

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
This black otter rex doe arrived tonight

Sian2.jpg

As you can see she is dreadfully overweight and along with her overgrown nails ,she couldn't walk properly and she needed grooming :( Suprisingly she is already speyed.
She is approx 2 and a half years old and has been kept in a very small cage..fed mix and not handled...hence her state.
We have named her Sian..cut her nails and settled her for the night..tomorrow her diet starts!
There is a very attractive bunny hiding in here somewhere!
Sian.jpg

yep Gem watching her struggling to walk round tonight..I realised it's her weight pushing her down..poor thing...hopefully a turn around for her won't take too long.

Awww she's like a bunny version of me!! Wish her luck with her diet - she is beautiful under the fat (like me!! :lol: )

awwwww bless! poor lil lady. must be so heartbreaking for you to see but thank god shes found you to get her on the right track jill

Oh my goodness she is a big girl :( how can anyone let a bun get like that ... I'm sure within a few weeks with you she will be much better ..

I'm just hoping she is ok as she does struggle to breathe when she has moved a bit.. :( ..also is a bit of a grumpy madam! :shock:

I'm just hoping she is ok as she does struggle to breathe when she has moved a bit.. ..also is a bit of a grumpy madam!

I'm about 2 stone overweight :oops: :oops: :oops: and I'm a grumpy madam at the moment!! What will you put her on a hay diet and plenty of run exercise ?

Aww the poor girl :(

It's horrible when people let their animals get too fat.

Good look with the diet Sian x

karen354 said:
I'm just hoping she is ok as she does struggle to breathe when she has moved a bit.. ..also is a bit of a grumpy madam!

I'm about 2 stone overweight :oops: :oops: :oops: and I'm a grumpy madam at the moment!! What will you put her on a hay diet and plenty of run exercise ?

Hay andveg..very limited pellets..she has been havign a huge bowl of mix and treats each day!
not much exercise to begin with as that could be dangerous for her heart. Let her lose some weight and regulate her breathing first.

Bless her, she's a very pretty bunny and I'm sure with a bit of tlc from you Jill and dieting she will be absolutely beautiful!

oh my she is very overweight isnt she! :shock:
Let us know what she weighs if you find out please! Audrey weighed 4kg when i first got her but she wasnt as big as her.

Sian is very beautiful :love:

She is absolutely beautiful. I have never seen such an overweight bunny though, she is enormous :shock: , poor girlie. When people show pictures of overweight rabbits they're never anything like on that scale. I hope she gets into shape soon, I'm sure she'll be thrilled at being able to run around when she does. That body isn't one for binkying is it?

Back